In today’s information era, organizations are swimming in a sea of data. But, very few manage to get the most value out of the data they collect.
A recent study shows that enterprise data is expected to increase at an annual rate of 42.2% over the next few years, but up to 60% of that data will likely go unused.
To prevent this from happening in your own business, you need the right data integration tools with the right integration capabilities. But it’s not always easy to choose the right platform as there are options of open-source, enterprise, and cloud data integrator available.
With this review, I’ll help you understand what the best data integration tools are that you can use to get the most out of your collected data.
What are the Best Data Integration Tools?
An internationally renowned platform for data integration and automation (FREE Trial).
Flowgear allows companies of all sizes to create powerful on premise and cloud integration of application, data, and APIs from a single interface with no coding required.
The cloud-based platform empowers industry leaders from across the world to integrate their SaaS applications and create innovative, reusable workflows. With this tool, you can automate repetitive and time-consuming processes to help you increase productivity, deliver customer excellence, and boost your bottom line. Flowgear is rated very highly on both Gartner and G2, which is what ultimately leads to it being at the top of our list.
Pros of Flowgear:
- Create enterprise-grade, code-free integrations for your business processes
- Intuitive drag and drop visual designer for ease of use
- Comprehensive library of pre-built connectors, APIs, and workflow templates
2. Hevo Data
A no-code data pipeline as a service (Starts from Free).
Hevo Data is a powerful platform that will let you load data from any source into your data warehouse, such as BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, etc. in real-time.
This is a no-code data pipeline as a service with prebuilt integrations to over 100 data sources. These ready-to-use integrations cover databases, cloud storage, SaaS applications, SDKs, and streaming services.
You can get started using this fully managed, automated data pipeline solution for free and replicate all your data at scale, in real-time, and have it ready for analysis instantly.
Pros of Hevo Data:
- Easy to set up
- Zero maintenance
- Completely automated
- Schema management
- Built to scale
- Has over 100+ connectors pre-built into the platform for most needs including Databases (MySql, MongoDB, etc.), Cloud Applications (Salesforce, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, etc.), SDK’s and Streaming (REST API, Kafka, Webhooks, etc.), and File Storage (S3, Google Cloud, Amazon, etc.)
A scalable and high-performance foundation for data integration ($2,000/month).
Informatica PowerCenter is among the biggest data integration tools available on the market right now.
The platform raises the standard for enterprise data integration and is a scalable foundation for on-premise data integration initiatives such as analytics, app migration, data warehousing, etc.
Businesses can connect and fetch data from multiple sources and easily support the entire data integration lifecycle for all businesses from startups to successful enterprise deployments.
Pricing starts from $2000/month and you can sign up for a free cloud trial for 30 days.
Pros of Informatica PowerCenter:
- Universal connectivity
- Role-based tools and agile processes
- Scalability and zero downtime
- Advanced data transformation
- Rapid prototyping and profiling
An open-source platform to assess your data health (Free).
Talend Open Studio for Data Integration is a free and open-source software (FOSS) for data integration.
It allows users to quickly aggregate, map, and sort data in a no-code interface that is easy for anyone to use.
The software is also extremely useful for ETL (extract, transform, load) projects which makes it particularly suited to small to medium-size enterprises.
While it’s great for optimizing on the cost front, the downside of this free software is that its features are limited and it only offers self-service support.
Pros of Talend:
- Offers robust enterprise cloud data integration
- Provides many unified tools to develop and deploy data integration
- Allows you to repurpose big data integrations to any cloud platform
A TIBCO-owned leading data and analytics company (Pricing not disclosed).
Information Builders is a powerful data integration technology that simplifies big data management through the use of a modern approach to Hadoop-based integration.
The platform is designed to help you turn messy site load data into elegantly integrated systems that drive informed decision-making in your organization.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, but you can request a demo in order to see if the platform offers all the features you need to allow your data to evolve and adapt in real-time.
Pros of Information Builders:
- Ensures a high level of flexibility, capability, and compatibility
- Provides multiple solutions for data application and B2B integration
- Streaming sources in real-time and batch via Hadoop and Spark
Enterprise-class data integration and analytics software for big data (Free).
Pentaho has merged with Hitachi Data Systems and Hitachi Insight Group to create more data-driven solutions.
The company, now known as Hitachi Vantara, provides tools for improved data operations everywhere.
With this data management and analytics platform, you can accelerate innovation and build your data ops practice with dedicated products for analytics, AI, and data integration.
You can download the enterprise-class data integration and analytics software and try it for free by signing up for a 30-day trial on the website.
Pros of Pentaho:
- Pentaho is open-source software ideal for cost-sensitive customers
- The platform has a short learning curve and usage simplicity
- It supports database to flat files, database replication, etc.
7. HVR Software
Efficiently move high volumes of data both on-premise and in the cloud.
HVR Software is designed for enterprise-level data integration that can process large volumes of data with minimal impact on the database.
It offers real-time analytics and data update with support for real-time cloud data integrations as well. Users can efficiently move high volumes of data both on-premise and in the cloud.
One of its downsides is that it is primarily suitable for large enterprises. Pricing can be obtained by making a request on the website and you can sign up for a free trial to test drive the software.
Pros of HVR Software:
- Most comprehensive software for scenarios involving common cloud data integration
- Accurate, real-time reporting enablement
- Provides support for real-time cloud data integrations with a single setup
Clean, normalize, and transform data while sticking to compliance best practices.
Xplenty is an ETL solution that provides visualized data pipelines for simple automated data flows involving a wide range of data sources and destinations.
The cloud-based platform supports public and private clouds, as well as on-premise and internet-based data. You can quickly deploy this solution and get started with data pipeline creation without having to worry about system configuration, maintenance, and updates.
The intuitive and graphical user interface makes it simple for users (technical and non-technical alike) to build effective data pipelines.
Pros of Xplenty:
- Rest API connector to pull in data from any Rest API
- Centralize and prepare data for BI
- Transfer and transform data between data warehouses or internal databases
A powerful platform for visual, simple, fast, and secure data integration.
ArcESB is a powerful, yet easy-to-use integration platform that proves application and data integration does not have to be expensive or difficult.
The platform helps users connect applications and data in a simple and cost-efficient way through EDI integration and certified secure managed file transfer.
The software runs anywhere, whether on-premise or in the cloud. There are hundreds of no-code connectors for CRM, ERP, marketing, analytics, finance, data warehouses.
ArcESB’s intuitive, low-code flow designer helps you go from installation to partner integration in less than 30 minutes. All you have to do is simply plug it in, configure and you’re good to go.
Pros of ArcESB:
- Completely free core automation framework
- Open architecture that is enterprise-ready but without the enterprise complexity
- Visual, simple, and secure data integration
A platform that delivers intelligent automation to connect your enterprise.
SnapLogic offers an AI-powered data integration software known as the SnapLogic Intelligent Integration Platform.
It’s a data integration tool that focuses on powerful and flexible self-service functionality. The software is designed to help businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by connecting data from everywhere.
It connects IT departments with other lines of business so different teams can make strategic decisions driven by fast, accurate data.
This powerful software comes with a tool that allows users to set up integrations visually with no coding and supports big data, IOT, and cloud-based integrations as well. You can use the software for free for 30 days and pricing can be requested on the website.
Pros of SnapLogic:
- Supports transaction or event-based integrations that change in real-time
- It provides integration to BigData sources such as Hadoop and other NoSQL sources
- Supports a wide range of connectors across Big Data, Enterprise, SaaS, etc.
A powerful platform for designing and deploying the entire integration lifecycle.
Jitterbit is an API integration platform designed to streamline the connection of cloud, on-premise, and SaaS applications.
The company’s main product, Jitterbit Harmony, allows organizations to design, deploy, and manage the entire integration lifecycle.
It also offers a way to add Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology into your applications and combine them in creative ways to come up with new solutions.
AI options include speech recognition, real-time language translation, and a recommendation engine.
Pros of Jitterbit:
- Easily connect SaaS, cloud, and on-premise applications
- Rapidly create new APIs from existing enterprise data or applications
- Infuse applications with artificial intelligence
Accelerate your data warehouse to deliver a future-proofed data platform.
WhereScape is a platform that helps IT organizations of all sizes leverage automation to design, develop, deploy, and manage data infrastructure faster. With it, you can accelerate your data warehouse and quickly deliver a meaningful data platform.
More than 700 customers worldwide rely on WhereScape automation to eliminate hand-coding and other repetitive, time-consuming aspects of data infrastructure projects.
The platform will help you deliver data warehouses, lakes, vaults, and marts in mere days or weeks instead of months or years.
Pros of WhereScape:
- Supports data mart infrastructure
- Easy integration with Hadoop, Microsoft Azure Data Lake, etc.
- Offers data warehouse as a service (DWaaS)
13. IRI Voracity
A one-stop platform for big data discovery, integration, migration, and analytics.
IRI Voracity is an end-to-end data lifecycle management tool powered by decades of proven technology in performance to help address the biggest challenges and data integration, including speed, cost, and complexity.
You can use Voracity in greenfield projects or as a tool to replace or accelerate existing ETL tools.
The platform is ideal for fast, cost-effective ETL operations and is a future-proof solution for multiple data management use cases that involve structured, unstructured, or semi-structured sources.
Pros of IRI Voracity:
- Data cleansing, validation, and enrichment
- Data and database migration and replication
- PII masking (and re-ID risk scoring), and synthetic test data capabilities
The enterprise data pipeline that brings your data sources together into BigQuery.
Alooma is an open-source data integration platform that allows real-time data processing, business intelligence, and analytics. The software extracts, transforms, and connects all data in the cloud – error-free.
The platform’s data pipeline service integrates with a lot of popular data sources and features end-to-end security, which ensures that every event is securely transferred to a data warehouse. The software also responds to data changes in real-time to make sure no events are lost.
Pros of Alooma:
- Bring data together with native and custom integrations
- Create mashups to analyze user data with any other data source
- Combine on-premise or cloud data storage silos into one location
Unlock the potential of your data and get analysis-ready data in just a few clicks.
Panoply is the easiest way to sync, store, and access all your business data. The platform combines a secure data warehouse and in-built ETL for over 60 data sources to allow you to spin up storage and begin syncing your data in minutes.
The software works with popular analytics and business intelligence tools and keeps data stack maintenance to a bare minimum by handling tasks like vacuuming and API updates.
You have all the control you need, thanks to Panoply’s table-level data governance. There’s also industry-leading support, ranging from in-depth documentation to expert data architects. Pricing starts at $399/month and you can sign up for a free trial on the website.
Pros of Panoply:
- Automatically store raw data in analysis-ready tables
- Connect all your data sources without complicated code
- Create core business logic to keep metrics consistent
Connect your apps and automate workflows easily with Zapier.
Zapier is a data integration and automation software that allows users to integrate web applications, automate workflows, and ultimately get more work done.
Users can integrate more than 1,000 web apps, including Google Docs, Slack, and Quickbooks, among many others.
With this tool, you can seamlessly move and share data across multiple apps. You can use Zapier for free or sign up for a premium plan starting at $19.99/month to unleash the full power of automation.
Pros of Zapier:
- Pass information between your apps using workflows called Zaps
- Link your web apps with a few clicks, so they can share data
- Build processes quicker and get more done with no code
17. AWS AppSync
Accelerate application development with scalable GraphQL APIs.
AWS AppSync is a specialized data integration tool for sending real-time data updates to web and mobile applications.
The platform is a fully managed service designed to make it easy to develop GraphQL APIs. It does so by taking care of the heavy lifting involved in securely connecting to a variety of data sources like Lambda, AWS DynamoDB, and more.
You’ll find it just as easy to add caches to improve performance, subscriptions to support real-time updates, client-side information stores that help to sync offline clients, and much more.
Once the software is deployed, AppSync automatically scales the GraphQL API execution engine either up or down to meet your business’s API request volumes.
Pros of AWS AppSync:
- Simple and secure data access
- No servers to manage
- Built-in real-time and offline capabilities
Automate repetitive processes in minutes with no IT help required.
Automate.io is software that enables you to automate your sales, marketing, and various other business processes.
The software is a no-code iPaaS solution that supports both simple integrations and complicated workflows.
It has more than 100 connectors for SaaS or cloud applications and supports CRM, marketing, eCommerce, as well as helpdesk, web forms, and many more.
The tool uses a drag-and-drop interface which makes it easier for business users and includes a library of over 200 integrations with leading cloud applications.
Pros of Automate.io:
- You can format your data and add conditional logic
- The tool allows you to sync data between two applications
- Your data is secured using encryption
19. IBM App Connect
Improve speed and quality of application integration with AI and automation.
IBM App Connect is an on-premise data integration suite that features tools for both traditional (batch and replication processing) and modern (data virtualization and integration synchronization) requirements.
The company’s cloud integration product is widely considered to be among the best currently available on the market, and additional functionality is expected in the months ahead.
IBM offers several distinct data integration tools for virtually every enterprise use case. You can expose data as REST APIs and take advantage of hundreds of pre-built connectors included on the platform.
Pros of IBM App Connect:
- Provides capabilities for delivering data in real-time to business applications
- Fully secured data migration techniques
- InfoSphere Information Server for end-to-end integration mechanism
A data integration tool that lets you connect your apps in new and remarkable ways.
IFTTT stands for “If This Then That”. It’s a free, web-based application that enables users to create automation chains between other web services and applications, such as Google Drive, Gmail, Facebook, and many more.
Each automation series is referred to as an applet and performs a specific series of events within your apps. Right now, there are over 54 million IFTTT applets that you can use to connect multiple apps with automated tasks.
Developers can use this tool to connect products to the world’s best brands and the integration platform can be a powerful tool to aid in business growth.
Pros of IFTTT:
- Straightforward and easy to use interface
- A large library of services and applets allow for many uses and options
- Additional features and event triggers via apps for mobile devices
A universal cloud data platform for data integration, backup, and connectivity.
Skyvia is a SaaS-based data platform that offers a no-code environment for many data tasks. Its capabilities include data integration, management, and backup, along with workflow automation and data visualization tools.
This cloud-based platform offers contemporary cloud agility and scalability, removing the need for deployment or manual upgrades.
It’s also extremely easy to use and has a no-coding wizard-based solution that meets the needs of business users with no technical skills.
Furthermore, Skyvia’s platform is scalable and comes with flexible pricing plans for each product, making this software perfect for businesses of any size, from a small startup to an enterprise company.
Pros of Skyvia:
- Connect your cloud, flat, and on-premise data to automate workflows
- Automatically transfer your business data between apps in just a few clicks
- Use REST API to connect with multiple OData consumers and share data in real-time
A platform that lets you do more, faster with clicks or code.
Tray.io is an API integration platform that allows users to configure complex workflows and integrate applications, as well as add customized logic.
It’s a scalable general automation platform that offers powerful capabilities for business and technical users in any organization.
The product features a click or code configuration for faster setup, as well as a quick ramp-up experience for users. A flexible automation workflow builder makes it easy to integrate the full tech stack, and the platform has a universal connector for any RESTful API.
Pros of Tray.io:
- Integrate your software applications quickly using powerful automated workflows
- Easily integrate your cloud stack to work in real-time
- Scale from simple point-to-point integration to complex workflows
23. Qlik Connect
A powerful tool to help you close the gaps between data, insights, and action.
Qlik is one of the best data integration tools you’ll find in the marketplace. It allows you to create visualizations, apps, and dashboards. It also lets you see the whole story that resides within your data.
Formerly Attunity Connect, Clik Connect is an easy-to-use, standards-based solution that provides you with rapid, easy, and cost-effective data access and availability. The simple drag-and-drop interface creates flexible and interactive data visualizations.
It offers real-time and seamless connectivity and integration with web applications and you can use natural search to navigate complex information.
Pros of Qlik Connect:
- Supports multiple data sources and file types
- Allows you to instantly respond to interactions and changes
- The platform offers easy security for data across all devices
Hybrid data integration for enterprises looking to scale.
Microsoft provides its own SQL Server Integration Services for connecting SQL Server Data of different databases. You can integrate all your data with Azure Data Factory – a serverless, fully managed data integration service.
The platform allows easy migration onto a single data structure, through which all your data can be easily migrated without data loss.
With Microsoft’s data integration platform, you can visually integrate data sources with more than 90 built-in and maintenance-free connectors. All of this is at no extra cost to you.
You can quickly construct ETL and ELT processes without the need for code, and then deliver integrated data to Azure Synapse Analytics to leverage new and valuable business insights.
Pros of Microsoft:
- Fully-managed, pay-as-you-go cloud service
- Business intelligence support for solving complex solutions
- Rehost SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) in a few clicks
A platform with over 8 Million ready automation for 500+ apps.
Integrately is a user-friendly automation tool that provides one-click connections with many applications. All you need to do to get started is select specific automation and activate it, and that’s it.
The platform includes pre-built automation along with features and capabilities to help users develop both simple and complex workflows.
Trusted by over 10,000 customers, Integrately is the highest-rated platform and G2 with over 500 reviews from happy customers.
You can try out the software for free by signing up for a 14-day free trial on the website. There’s also a free plan available, but to unlock more features, you’ll have to sign up for a premium plan starting at $15.99/month billed annually.
Pros of Integrately:
- User-friendly automation tool
- One-click connections with many applications
- Affordable plans with premium support
A complete data visualizer for both structured and unstructured data.
SAP provides a complete data visualizer for structured and unstructured data. The platform has an agile style of integration which allows parallel processing and faster migration.
The software’s smart data migration criteria work to manipulate and import data to the system easily, and data migration can be scheduled in batches.
With this tool, you can connect all the people and departments within your company in order to deliver enhanced service to customers thanks to its intelligent ERP.
Pros of SAP:
- Efficient single user interface for all transactions
- Faster and efficient batch processes
- Analyze deeper insights from unstructured data
The industry’s most complete portfolio of data integrity products.
Syncsort is a well-established data integration solution that includes a huge library of use cases with some of the most common cases like hash aggregations, weblogs, joins, and processing.
The platform allows you to connect today’s infrastructure with tomorrow’s technology so you can unlock the potential of all your enterprise data.
With Syncsort, you can build once, and reuse multiple times. The platform also allows you to scale in and scale out easily, and you can proceed with development without any constraints.
Pros of Syncsort:
- Achieve or exceed service-level agreements
- Collect, process, or integrate data from untapped sources
- Remove the need for constant coding and tuning
28. Adeptia Connect
A business application for B2B and ecosystem integration.
Adeptia Connect is one of the best enterprise-class data integration platforms. It allows the user to perform data mapping, data transformation, and data integration, and, thanks to its simple UI, it can be used by non-technical business users.
With the platform’s simple user interface, you can manage all external connections and data interfaces. It provides self-service partner onboarding and has a no-code approach that allows users and partners to easily view, set up, and manage data connections.
The platform also boasts cloud services integration and a suite of pre-built connections, as well as B2B standards and protocol support.
Pros of Adeptia Connect:
- It offers the capability for users to create connections without needing IT professionals
- It provides a simple UI for managing external connections and data interfaces
- It radically reduces the expenses associated with managing a network
An integrated platform empowering today’s data-driven enterprise.
Actian DataConnect is a hybrid data integration solution that allows users to quickly design, deploy, and manage various data integrations, both on-premise or in the cloud.
The database integration software solution allows the design process for the data warehouse with load integration and supports different data format conversions.
It also has a wide range of foundation features to help users accelerate flexible integration solutions. There’s a drag-and-drop user interface design that makes for simplicity and ease of use.
You can contact the website directly to sign up for a free trial and start realizing immediate value from your data.
Pros of Actian:
- Power users can use this tool to work directly with metadata
- A standardized approach to RESTful web service APIs
- Interactive feedback for robust high-performance
A powerful platform that allows you to connect once, and reach anything.
Liaison is a fully managed data integration software that provides different types of integration and management operations.
This cutting-edge, cloud-based platform manages a layered architecture that has an internal system built through APIs to allow better code for usability.
Liaison provides an efficient and affordable maintenance-free solution that users can access from anywhere, and the platform uses a web-based electronic data interchange (EDI) solution that can be easily managed through the intuitive interface option.
Pros of Liaison:
- Integrates seamlessly with other third-party reporting tools
- Provides launching point to view and report on the data model
- Helps enterprises connect a number of cloud applications and data sources
31. Dell Boomi
A platform to help you connect everything everywhere and accelerate your business.
Dell Boomi is an on-demand, on-premise, and cloud-based data integration software. The platform uses a simple graphical interface with very little coding that allows users to easily configure and automate data integrations.
Applications can be connected to services like Workday, SAP, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics GP, etc.
This tool is designed to give you the advantage of speed by connecting everything faster and you can sign up for a free trial on the website to test the system out to see if it’s a good fit for your business.
Pros of Dell Boomi
- It has a lightweight, dynamic run-time engine
- Activity monitoring and event tracking
- Real-time automatic updates
- Fivetran: A platform to help you centralize data analytics with a pipeline you can trust.
- Exalate: A tool to streamline connections between work management platforms.
- Workato: Leverage machine learning to streamline the automation process.
- Celigo: Integrate data into cloud apps and automate key parts of the process.
- MuleSoft Anypoint Platform: An all-in-one solution designed for technical users.
- Cleo Integration Cloud: Allows organizations to connect to enterprise and SaaS apps.
- Denodo Platform: Offers data virtualization for joining multi-structured data sources.
- Diyotta: A tool with a drag-and-drop user interface and native processing capabilities.
- Keboola: A cloud-based data integration platform that connects data sources to analytics platforms.
Types of Data Integration Tools
Data software tools fall into different categories which are as follows:
- On-Premise Data Integration Tools: These are perfect for integrating data from different sources (local or on-premise) and are installed on local networks or in a private cloud together with optimized native connectors to allow batch loading from different data sources.
- Cloud-based Data Integration Tools: These are iPaaS (integration platforms as a service) designed to help integrate data from multiple sources into cloud-based data warehouses.
- Open-source Data Integration Tools: These types of tools are ideal for businesses that want to avoid using proprietary or expensive enterprise solutions, and have complete control over their data in-house.
- Proprietary Data Integration Tools: These primarily differ from open-source tools in that they are built to cater to specific use cases for businesses, and therefore cost more.
What Features to Look For in Data Integration Tools
With the ever-rising number of data integration tools popping up on the market, it can be a bit tricky to choose the right one to suit your needs.
Below I’ve listed some of the features you should look for in the best data integration tools and software.
1. Data Sources Supported: The complexity of your data integration strategy is going to grow as your business grows. There will be multiple streams and web-based apps, data sources that will be added to your business by different teams. That’s why it’s crucial to choose a platform that will be able to accommodate your growing list of data sources and not limit your expansion.
2. Scalability: At first, you may require a low volume of data in your integration system. But, as your business begins to scale, your volume of data will likely start growing exponentially. So, in addition to being able to take on additional data sources, your chosen data integration tool should allow you to easily scale up (or down) according to your business’s data needs.
3. Security and Compliance: Since you will be dealing with mission-critical data, it’s important to ensure that your chosen solution offers the resources and expertise required to make sure you’re effectively covered with regards to security, privacy, and compliance.
4. Data Transformations: Data extracted from different applications is available in different formats. In order for you to do meaningful analysis, you need to make sure that all the data gets to the destination seamlessly and in a single common format for quick and easy analysis – which is where data transformation comes in.
5. Real-Time Data Availability: If your integration use case is to bring data to the destination for real-time analysis then you need to make sure your data integration tool supports this. Not all platforms do so. For the most part, data is brought in batches to the destination and this creates a lag of a few hours or days.
How Can Data Integration Tools Help You?
One of the biggest benefits of data integration tools for enterprises is that integrating data helps to improve consistency by reducing conflicting or erratic data from the database.
Users can fetch exactly what they’re looking for, which helps them to make better use of the information they have collected.
Here are some other ways that data integration tools can help you:
- They provide fast and easy connections
- They integrate data from different sources
- They make data available in one place in real-time
- Data integration tools give you more insights into improvements
- They provide better collaboration internally and with trading partners
- They offer data integrity and enhanced data quality
With the right tools, businesses can pull together massive volumes of data from sales systems, marketing operations software, web traffic, CRM platforms, customer success systems, etc.
You’ll be able to save tons of time and minimize errors that arise when logging in and out of multiple systems to manually input and analyze all that data.
Collaboration is also easier across different departments, and above all, such a unified view of data makes it easy to glean valuable insights instantly so businesses can act on the information quickly and deliver improved results.
How Do Data Integration Tools Work?
The data integration process involves moving data from each source system into a central location. This is called data ingestion, and data lakes and cloud data warehouses are often used for this purpose.
Many organizations use data integration tools for this phase, such as ETL tools (extract, transform, and load).
These tools extract data from the source system and then connect to data sources by either querying the source API or using pre-built connectors. The tool then transforms the data so there is consistency at the destination, regardless of where the data originated from.
This might include:
- Changing the format of the data
- Altering units of measurement
- Standardizing time zones, currencies, etc.
The data integration tool then loads the transformed data into the destination system. Now the data is ready for use in analytics and reporting.
The ETL process needs to be repeated frequently in order to keep the central data source up to date.
Data Integration Tools Q&A
What is Data Integration?
Data integration refers to the process of combining various data formats and types into a single location (commonly known as a data lake or data warehouse) with the ultimate goal of generating useful information that can help you gain valuable insights and solve problems in your business.
This article has outlined the basic concepts of data integration, as well as the best data integration tools and software that I recommend.
My number one recommendation is Flowgear. It’s a fully managed pipeline that is the ideal option if you have data sources and destinations on the cloud and want to move data in real-time without having to write any code.
But, if that software option doesn’t meet your needs, you can choose from the other tools on this list. Keep in mind, for enterprise solutions, you may want to consider tools like Oracle, IBM, Informatica, Hitachi, or SAP.
With any of these tools, you’ll be able to start using data integration software for a connected app strategy that will help you not only save time and minimize errors but also improve collaboration and ultimately deliver great results for your business.