Graphic design is all about creating visual content to communicate a message.
Graphic design software refers to the tools used in creating and editing different visual materials from small postcards, invitations, and posters to brochures, books, and magazines.
The tools you use to manipulate photos and create graphics can be the difference between an amazing, eye-catching design that arrests people’s attention and mediocre visuals that go unnoticed.
The current market size for global graphic design is currently estimated at $45.8 billion (a number that is set to grow significantly in the coming years). There are countless graphic design tools on the market, and choosing the right one is no mean feat.
That’s why I’ve written this article.
I have used a lot of different graphic design tools while building my blog and online business, and I’ve used my experience to research and put together my top picks to make it easier for you to choose the best graphic design software for your needs.
So, if you’re ready to express yourself in exceptional new ways and create stunning digital art with efficiency and ease, let’s get started!
Hint: If you already have graphic design software, click here to learn how to become an expert graphic designer.
What is the Best Graphic Design Software?
This list includes both free and paid graphic design software.
Keep in mind that, unlike the paid-for programs, free software may not have the powerful features that you need to create stunning visuals.
However, such tools may work adequately for someone who’s only looking to create simple graphics, like invitations, social media posts, or infographics,
Best all-around image and graphic design software ($20.99/month).
Adobe Photoshop is a popular platform that provides robust editing tools for graphics and photos.
The software has all the basic tools, such as text overlay, as well as complex features like file size control.
This tool works on Windows and Mac and has a bit of a learning curve compared to drag-and-drop software – but, it also has a broader range of functionality and control.
In short, Adobe is the best imaging and graphic design software that’s at the core of virtually all creative projects – from image editing and compositing to animation, digital painting, and graphic design.
- Robust Design Tools: Work in 3-D, create custom brushes, isolate elements from the background, etc.
- Open Source Gimp Software: Technically-inclined users can download and install the software for free.
- Flexible Features: In addition to image editing, the software also allows you to create naturalistic artwork and composition.
- Photoshop on iPad: Create, edit, and composite beautiful art, graphics, and images on your iPad.
- Massive Cloud Storage: Adobe Photoshop packages come with up to 1 TB of cloud storage that can store approximately 20,000 raw DSLR or 200,000 JPEG images.
Pros of Adobe Photoshop:
- Slick, easy to use interface
- No lag or performance issues
- 3-D design capabilities
- Multiple design tools with responsive graphics
- Define the size of the canvas
Adobe offers a free 30-day trial, and if you want to upgrade, paid plans are as follows:
- Annual plan, paid monthly: $20.99/month.
- Annual plan, prepaid: $239.88/year.
- Monthly plan: $31.49/month.
Each of the plans includes:
- Access to all the latest updates and features as they are released
- At least 100 GB of cloud storage
- Photoshop on desktop as well as iPad
- Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Fresco, Adobe Fonts, and Adobe Spark
Reliable software best for vector editing and illustration ($20.99/month).
Adobe Illustrator is an industry-standard vector graphics app that lets you create icons, logos, typography, drawings, and illustrations for web, print, video, and mobile.
It’s a true graphic design tool for Windows and Mac, with comprehensive features to help you create captivating visuals for your brand.
As you can see from this list, Adobe offers multiple graphic design tools, each of which is amazing in its own way.
That’s one of the reasons the company has become such a big name in design software.
- Freehand Design: Adobe Illustrator’s freehand design feature helps you bring your art to life on the screen.
- Upload or Create New Fonts: The platform lets you create unique text that has never been seen before.
- Full Creative Control: Whether you are creating simple graphics for social media or your company’s logo, you get granular control with this software.
- Perfect Scalability: Adobe Illustrator allows you to easily turn colors and shapes into icons and logos.
- Adobe Sensei: Create faster and smarter with Adobe’s Sensei AI which automatically extracts colors from photos and adds them to your design.
Pros of Adobe Illustrator:
- Killer vector design capabilities
- Simplified free transform tool
- Excellent Touch Type feature
- Constant updates and improvements to existing features
- Puppet Warp feature to transform selected parts of illustrations
Adobe Illustrator on the iPad
As part of all Adobe plans that include illustrator, you also get Illustrator on the iPad.
Adobe Illustrator offers a free 30-day trial after which you can sign up for the premium plans, which are as follows:
- Annual plan, paid monthly: $20.99/month.
- Annual plan, prepaid: $239.88/year.
- Monthly plan: $31.49/month.
Each of the plans comes with:
- Illustrator on desktop and iPad
- At least 100 GB of cloud storage
- Adobe Spark, Adobe Fonts, Adobe Portfolio
- Access to all the latest updates
Powerful software best for publication layout and design ($20.99/month).
Adobe InDesign CC is yet another software from Adobe. The main difference between this and the other Adobe tools on our list is that InDesign is primarily focused on the publishing industry.
It’s one of the best page design and layout apps that you can use to create, preflight, and publish stunning documents for both print and digital media.
This tool has everything you need to design posters, books, ebooks, brochures, info sheets, digital magazines, interactive PDFs, and much more.
The “properties” panel gives you intuitive control over all the platform’s tools and there is Sensei AI technology integrated for automatic resizing and arrangement of images.
- Adjust Layout: With this helpful feature, you can alter your document text and the entire graphic will adjust accordingly.
- Collaboration Tools: InDesign has built-in tools such as “Share for Review” for sharing designs with your team so you can all be on the same page.
- Immersive Experiences: You can manage your design elements in many formats, including video, audio, slideshows, and animations for dazzling interactions.
- Unique Print Tools: The platform has professional typesetting and layout tools for stylish typography and rich graphics.
- HSB Support: Select or create HSB values in any area where color values can be set, including the color panel, color picker, and new Swatch dialog box.
Pros of Adobe InDesign CC:
- Well-balanced user interface
- Feature for automatic global page adjustments
- Massive selection of downloadable fonts
- Contextual information is available to you
- Subject-aware text wrapping
Adobe InDesign CC offers a free 30-day trial, after which you can sign up for one of the premium plans in order to unlock more advanced features.
As with the other Adobe tools, plans start at $20.99/month on the annual plan.
InDesign also comes with access to all the latest updates and features as and when they are released, as well as 100 GB of cloud storage and Adobe’s other creative tools, Adobe Fonts, Adobe Spark, and Adobe Portfolio.
Popular web-based graphic design software best for beginners (Starts from Free).
Canva is an online graphic design tool designed for amateur designers and experts alike.
The software has an intuitive interface and a drag-and-drop editor, which makes it super easy for beginners to learn.
There’s a free version which is great for anyone who doesn’t have a graphic design budget. This has tools that are perfect for small, entry-level design jobs.
The premium version offers a lot of impressive advanced tools that are ideal for professional designers.
You can use Canva on your web browser, Android, or iOS.
- Drag-And-Drop Functionality: The platform’s interface makes it easy for those with little to no previous experience in design.
- Free Templates and Elements: Canva comes with lots of templates, fonts, images, etc. many of which are free to use.
- Premium Tools and Content: The software has scheduling tools, stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics, etc. to make designing as easy as possible.
- Text Animations: Send messages across kinetic typography and allow your words to flow using canvas robust text animations tool.
- Advanced Texture Feature: This allows you to apply texture for a homey, lived in design when flat color just won’t do.
Pros of Canva:
- Canva offers a free version with a ton of helpful tools and elements
- It’s an easy to use, web-based design app for both beginners and experts
- The platform has a massive collection of pre-created templates
- You have the option to choose and buy individual graphics
- The Premium version is affordably priced
You can use Canva for free. But, if you want to unlock more design elements and advanced features, you can sign up for the Pro account, which costs $12.99/month.
On this plan, you get over 75 million premium stock images, videos, graphics, and audio. There are also more templates to choose from.
The Pro plan also has unlimited use of background remover and you can resize designs infinitely and save them as templates for your own team to use.
Get Started With Canva
Best graphic design software for Windows ($79.99, one-time payment).
Corel PaintShop Pro 2021 is the best graphic design software available, for a one-off payment.
It’s easy to use and comes with a decent assortment of tools, most of which are geared toward enhancing portraits.
The software has a simple and intuitive interface, which means beginners can quickly learn how to edit images and unlock more powerful features as their skills advance.
Once a Windows PC staple, PaintShop Pro is now Mac-compatible.
- Robust Tools: The platform has an amazing and versatile range of photography tools and features, including essential tools, adjustment tools, selection, and correction tools.
- RAW and HDR Camera Support: Manage and save metadata in raw files, as well as correct problem areas, create stunning HDR photos, and more.
- Time-Saving Tools: Scripts help you reduce repetition so you can accelerate complex photo editing tasks.
- Smart Solutions: The platform has tools to help you enhance your photos with machine learning technology and artificial intelligence.
- Multiple Workspaces: With PaintShop Pro, you can choose from multiple workspaces and customize it to help you work more efficiently.
Pros of Corel PaintShop Pro:
- An impressively broad range of Photoshop-like tools
- Easy to learn and grow with
- Automatic noise removal
- Great selection of vector drawing tools
- Powerful tools for editing and effects
PaintShop Pro 2021: You can get PaintShop Pro 2021 for a one-time fee of $79.99 which is perfect for anyone who wants to avoid being locked into a subscription.
PaintShop Pro 2021 Ultimate: For just $20 more, you can upgrade to PaintShop Pro 2021 Ultimate, which comes with a lot of creative extras.
Photo Video Bundle Ultimate: The Photo Video Bundle Ultimate costs $179.99, and it comes with a powerful 2-in-one photo-video editor.
Get Started With PaintShop Pro 2021
The definitive graphic design platform for Mac users ($9/month).
Sketch is a reliable platform for digital design. Designed exclusively for Mac users, the software is considered to be a leader on the market, particularly for UX and UI experts.
With this tool, you can create clickable product prototypes and wireframes. Sketch also makes it easy to design a usable model prior to designing an application or website.
In addition to design tools, the platform also has in-built features for collaboration. It provides you with one workspace that has unlimited possibilities and allows you to put design at the heart of your business.
- Vector-Based Tool: Sketch offers perfect vectors for UI and pixel-precise icons.
- Ideal for Mobile and Web: The software ensures perfect responsive design across multiple screen sizes and different resolutions.
- Custom Plugins: There are tons of custom plugins available that designers can use for specific tasks.
- Boolean Operations: You can work with Boolean operations that are editable, non-destructive, and easy for you to combine.
- Easy Exports: The platform’s export options are supercharged to allow you to get the perfect assets every single time.
Pros of Sketch:
- A streamlined set of tools
- Focuses mainly on UI and icon design
- App and website prototyping
- Suitable for beginners
- Extremely affordable pricing
Sketch offers a free trial for 30 days. No credit card is required to sign up, and if you decide to upgrade, you can get Sketch for just $9/month per editor, with unlimited free viewers.
Get Started With Sketch
Multipurpose platform for designers, illustrators, and web designers (Free).
Inkscape is a powerful design tool that provides a wide range of features to cater to the needs of designers and illustrators, as well as web designers.
The program works on Windows, Mac, and Linux OS and comes with flexible tools, which helps to shorten the learning curve for beginners.
Users can also access advanced features, including a powerful text tool, that allows experienced professionals to create art with ease and efficiency.
- Advanced Features: The platform has a drawing tool, text tool, embedded bitmaps, clones, etc. to help you create and manipulate objects.
- Lots of Filters: The software provides a ton of filters to help you create stunning and unique images.
- Helpful Community: Inkscape has one of the largest and most active communities where users can find support.
Pros of Inkscape:
- Powerful and reliable design tool
- Wide range of flexible training tools
- Bezier and spiro curves
- Compatibility with multiple file formats
- Multiline text and full on-canvas editing
You can download and use this powerful design tool for free.
Simply choose which version to download, and you will be able to immediately start using the professional vector graphics editor.
Get Started With Inkscape
Flexible graphic design tool ideal for all-in-one illustration and design ($249/year).
CorelDraw Graphics Suite was built for Windows OS, but the graphic design program is now available for Mac users as well.
It comes with powerful design tools that will help you work faster and smarter.
You can create professional vector illustrations and the graphic design program has a wide range of customization options to make your work easier, whether you are designing logos, websites, or print projects.
- AI Technology: CorelDraw Graphics Suite offers a “LiveSketch” feature for converting sketches into accurate vector curves.
- Editing and Font Management: The platform comes with Corel Font Manager and PhotoPaint tools.
- Impressive File Compatibility: The program supports more than 100 file formats, including Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, PDF, HTML, JPG, PNG, SVG, and EPS.
- Collaboration Tools: Easily share files with your team or clients and other real-time feedback from reviewers.
- All-in One-Platform: CorelDraw has all the design and layout tools you need to tackle any project.
Pros of CorelDraw Graphics Suite:
- Fun, easy instant-gratification effects
- Highly customizable interface
- Capable professional-level features
- Unique native capabilities to rival Adobe Illustrator
- New Progressive image editing feature
This product is offered at a one-time fee of $499.
Alternatively, you can sign up for the yearly subscription at $249/year.
The platform offers a 15-day free trial so you can test drive the software before committing to a paid plan.
Get Started With CorelDraw Graphics Suite
Best graphic design tool for professional designers ($24.99, one-time fee).
Affinity Designer is yet another leading graphic design tool designed for Windows, Mac, and iPad.
It was created with professional designers in mind, which puts it in the same category as Adobe products with regards to features and costs.
The toolbar allows you to do everything from cropping and resizing images to text overlay, and much more.
- Dual Environment: The platform allows users to work in both vector art environments and pixel art environments.
- Snapping Option: Designers can lock and position elements and objects depending on shapes, alignment guides, etc.
- Zoom Feature: The zoom feature goes as far as 1,000,000%, allowing designers to have laser accuracy and precision.
Pros of Affinity Designer:
- Wide selection of colors for enhancing designs
- Boolean operation for combining, moving, and editing shapes
- Dynamic on-screen guides for accurate alignment
- Rope and window stabilizers for smooth curves
- Powerful iPad app to match desktop application
Affinity Designer has three pricing plans, each of which is a one-time purchase:
- Windows: $24.99 (discounted from $49.99)
- Mac: $24.99 (discounted from $49.99)
- iPad: $9.99 (from $19.99)
You can sign up for a free 90-day trial for Windows and Mac and try out the software to see if it’s a good fit for you.
Get Started With Affinity Designer
All-in-one design tool for professional designers ($199/year).
Xara Designer Pro X is a fully integrated, single-package solution that will take care of every one of your graphic design requirements for both web and print.
The software is built for both vectors and bitmaps and the platform can handle everything in one place – from photo editing, illustration, DTP (desktop publishing), and document creation, to websites, web graphics, and more.
Designed for Windows OS, the program comes with hundreds of design elements, template layouts, and a photo archive with over a million images to help you get started quickly.
- Drag-And-Drop Functionality: This is a time-saving feature that is perfect for amateur designers and facilitates quicker execution for experienced users.
- Faster Performance: The platform has a sophisticated, superfast vector rendering engine that allows designers to efficiently create complex graphic designs.
- Direct Action Tools: This set of tools offers robust capabilities and stable functionalities, making it ideal for general use.
Pros of Xara Designer Pro X:
- Designers can zoom up to 25,601%
- Sync files with Google Drive and Dropbox
- Supports a wide range of file formats
- Import and export Adobe PST files
- Anti-aliasing tool to improve on-screen images
Xara Designer Pro X is the company’s flagship product and includes all the templates and features of the following tools in one convenient, fully integrated package solution:
- Photo & Graphic Designer
- Web Designer Premium
- Page & Layout Designer
You can get all of this for $199/year (discounted from the regular price of $299).
Get Started With Xara Designer Pro X
A reliable, open-source image editor for all platforms (Free).
GIMP works on all major platforms, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
It’s an open-source program that offers many of Photoshop’s features for free and lets developers change the source code, as well as distribute the program.
It comes with tons of customization features, and you can also use third-party plugins to improve the platform’s functionality, boost your productivity, and create exceptional designs.
- GEGL Scripts: GIMP is an open platform that allows designers to process images and create unique artworks from scratch.
- Flexibility: This tool is a lot more than a simple photo editor and also provides multiple professional quality features.
- Compatibility: The software is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Solaris, and BDS.
Pros of GIMP:
- GIMP’s platform has an active community of developers
- The software is regularly updated with new features added
- Robust sketching tools including pencil, airbrush, and cloning
- Work on modular or single-window interface
- Optimal use of computing resources for speedy performance
As this is an open-source platform, it is completely free for designers to download and use the software.
Get Started With GIMP
12. Gravit Designer
Drag-and-drop design software perfect for beginners (Starts from Free).
Gravit Designer fits in multiple categories. The platform employs a freemium model and you can use it on Windows, Mac, Linux, or Chrome OS.
The software allows you to apply multiple fields, textures, gradients, borders, blending modes, and effects to any object.
There’s also a drag-and-drop editor which makes this the perfect tool for amateur designers. More advanced artists can unlock more tools like the pen tool for drawing unique graphics by upgrading to Gravit Designer Pro.
- Unique Functions: Gravit Designer offers tools to create animations, borders, and various other shaping functions.
- Customizable Interface: You can fully customize the software according to your needs and make your workspace your own.
- Portability: The software offers cross-platform portability so designers can work efficiently from any machine.
Pros of Gravit Designer:
- Supports multiple file formats for import and export
- Modern, fully customizable user interface
- Pro version comes with unlimited cloud storage
- Easily edit scalable vector graphics
- Flexibility through desktop and web versions
You can use Gravit Designer for free. However, if you want to unlock additional features such as work off-line, touchscreen support, unlimited cloud storage, and version history, then you need to upgrade to the paid-for plan, which costs $49/year (discounted from $99).
Get Started With Gravit Designer
A fun and easy photo editing software that enables you to fix and enhance photos (Free).
This is yet another free graphic design tool that offers a wide range of indispensable features to help you edit and manage your images.
It’s perfect for beginners because, in addition to being free, it comes with a wide range of tools, such as page, batch editor, viewer, and screen capture.
There are also tons of advanced editing tools to choose from, which makes this software perfect for experienced designers, as well.
- Multilingual Interface: The platform allows designers access to over 30 languages through the use of downloadable modules.
- Design Module: This packs a lot of features, including adjustments for color, size, gamma, backlight, brightness, and resolution.
- Robust Editing Tools: On the platform, you’ll find well-labeled features, including splitter, color picker, raw converter, face search, and auto-contrast.
Pros of Photoscape
- Simple, beginner-friendly interface
- Highly responsive and lightweight
- Includes free Photoscape X Edition for Windows 10
- Cross-platform app compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Open raw photos and convert to JPEG easily
You can get Photoscape free of charge. Simply download it from the website and you will be able to start using the photo editing software to fix and enhance your images.
Get Started With Photoscape
Additional Graphic Design Software
Here are a few other graphic design platforms that aren’t included in our list, but are worth mentioning:
- Visme: The perfect tool for creating presentations, infographics, and videos.
- Genial.ly: A free tool for creating graphic designs that bring your content to life.
- Vectr: This is a powerful tool that helps you create graphics easily and intuitively.
- Colorcinch: The simplest and most reliable tool for editing and cartooning images.
- PixTeller: A free image editor and animation maker for creating stunning visuals.
- Design Wizard: A wonderfully simple graphic design tool for new and skilled designers.
- Infinite Design: A blazing fast app with impressive image editing features.
- Pixlr: One-click editing for professional-quality images without the learning curve.
- Procreate: A robust iPad program for designers who want to sketch on the go.
- Vectornator: This is a graphics editor for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS. Although it’s fully featured, it’s free to use.
What Features to Look For in Graphic Design Software
Not all software is built the same. Some may work better for you than others depending on the types of features on offer.
For instance, the software can be priced at the low end of the spectrum but lack many of the features for speed and creative control.
On the other hand, you may find top-of-the-line design software with a wide range of advanced tools – but it has a huge learning curve and is unsuitable for beginners.
Below, I’ve listed some of the most important features to consider before choosing the best graphic design software to suit your needs.
Read through the list, and, depending on your priorities, you will be better able to pinpoint the best option to help you bring your vision to life.
1. Ease of Use: Most graphic design software comes with a bit of a learning curve, which is to be expected. However, if you’re new at this, it’s important to ensure that the platform you choose makes it as easy as possible for beginners to get up and running using the program’s image editing and illustration tools.
Look for a simple and intuitive user interface, as well as documentation and tutorials for how to get started quickly and easily.
2. Templates: Creating anything using graphic design usually takes a lot of time and talent to produce the desired result. That’s why it’s always a good idea to look for graphic design software that comes with a wide selection of pre-fabricated templates.
These will give you a foundation on which to start creating your visuals and help you save a lot of time on your projects.
3. Effects: For the most part, the leading graphic design programs on the market come with basic tools for creating great effects. But, some outshine others by providing advanced tools to create unique and dramatic effects on your images.
So, if this is an important feature for you, then consider how many image filters the software offers. Some programs, like Photoshop and Corel Paint Shop Pro, have dozens of filters.
4. Illustration Tools: If you do a lot of work with graphics, gradients, and shapes, then it’s important to choose a program with the right illustration tools, such as vector brushes or the pen tool.
The software you choose should allow you to complete your tasks and create design elements quickly while producing high-quality results.
5. Image Database: If you have to do a photoshoot for each project, it can adversely impact your productivity and effectiveness.
However, with a large image database of high-quality, industry-specific illustrations and photos, at your fingertips, you will be able to work faster and produce improved results.
6. Customizable Workspace: In addition to having all the tools you require to create unique designs, you also need to be able to set them on your workspace in a way that makes sense to you.
Workspaces differ from one software to the next. But, most programs allow you to easily customize your workspace so you can navigate the software in a more efficient way.
7. Collaboration Tools: Using old-fashioned methods for file sharing invariably creates problems with lost information, revision tracking, confusion, and a host of other problems.
If you work with a team, you need to choose a graphic design software solution with built-in collaboration tools to make your work a lot easier so you can boost productivity and accountability. This can be especially important if you’re using social media management tools to manage your online presence.
8. Printing Features: Depending on how important the finished product is, you want to choose the best graphic design program with printing features that make it easy for you to present your finished work to others.
For instance, if dealing with printed articles, you might want features that allow you to set up the page to “bleed” so the creases of the magazine appear continuous and colored.
You may also want the option for showing your printer’s marks to enhance the package-and-print process.
Yet another important printing feature is the “prepress support”. This feature automatically ensures that there aren’t any errors before the finished project goes to the printer.
9. Importing and Exporting Files: If you intend to use different files on your graphic design software, you need to ensure that they are compatible.
The last thing you want is to be unable to open shared files on your program. So make sure the software you choose supports the files you typically use on your projects, including common ones like PDF, JPEG, and BMP.
Why Should You Use Graphic Design Software
You may be wondering why it’s even necessary to use graphic design software.
Well, the answer is simple.
Graphic design software helps you create stunning visuals quickly and easily. The right tools not only make life a lot easier for graphic designers, but they also come with other benefits, such as:
- Time-Saving: Graphic design tools and templates give you a head start when creating visually stunning graphics. It saves a lot of time when you don’t have to start from scratch.
- Cost-Efficient: Whether you use free or paid tools for designing your visuals, being able to leverage the right graphic design software will help you bring down expenses by removing the need to show true objects.
- Scalability: The leading design software has features that let you export files in multiple formats and easily distribute them on different marketing platforms.
- Branding: Organizations can use graphic design tools to maintain their brand positioning through the use of watermarks and embedded logos on marketing materials. Saving templates on the software can help maintain consistency of design, style, image size, etc.
- Flexibility: The right design tools allow you to create beautiful graphics and images in one convenient place without having to use many different tools.
- Improved Results: Using graphic design software helps you create better visuals that result in higher levels of engagement from your audience. Ultimately, this contributes towards a variety of other marketing goals and it can have a huge impact on your bottom line.
How to Master Graphic Design Software
Mastering graphic design software comes down to two things: learning and practicing. Here are a few things you can do to improve your skills and produce better results.
1. Sign up for free trials
If you want to achieve better results with the software, there are some steps you can take, such as signing up for free trials and trying out as many different graphic design tools and apps as possible.
In time, this will help you create stunning digital art easily and efficiently, and you will be able to express yourself in phenomenal new ways
2. Learn through YouTube video tutorials
Alternatively, you might look to learn through YouTube video tutorials. There are tons of great YouTube channels where you can learn everything you need to know about graphic design from experienced tutors.
Here are some of the most popular channels with a wealth of information to help you sharpen your design skills:
This channel regularly uploads videos centered around the Adobe Creative Suite and motion graphics.
Here, you will find plenty of informative tutorials to help you improve your day-to-day design tasks.
This channel is filled with a lot of professionally shot tutorials for creating different types of logos and icon designs.
On this channel, you’ll find a lot of videos, quick tips, and tricks for Photoshop and Illustrator for designers of all skill levels.
3. Sign up for courses or classes online
You can also sign up for free or paid courses on sites like Skillshare and Udemy.
Here are a few examples of courses from Udemy that are designed to help you master graphic design and software by doing practical real-world projects:
Learn what you need to know to break into the world of graphic design.
Lessons include how to create eBook Cover, Icon Set Design, Social Media Design, Digitizing Sketches, WordPress Web Design, GIFS, Adobe Xd, and more!
Project-Based Learning For Beginners: Learn Photoshop and Illustrator by creating posters, and more.
These courses will teach you everything you need to become confident using your chosen graphic design software.
You will be able to create different types of visuals and bring all your visions to life with ease.
Whichever avenue you follow, the trick is to continually learn and practice your skills. That is the only way to grow as a graphic designer so you can get the most from your graphic design software.
Whether you are an amateur graphic designer or a digital artist with years of experience and a site fully created with a website builder for artists, it’s crucial to choose the right tools if you want to bring out your creative flair.
This article contains 13 of the best graphic design software options available to you right now. Regardless of your needs or budget, you’re sure to find something to suit your requirements perfectly.
My number one recommendation is Adobe Photoshop.
This tool is perfect for Pro designers and beginners alike. It has a simple drag-and-drop editor and a wide range of features, including predesigned templates to make your work easier.
But, depending on your priorities, you may go with a different solution.
For instance, a complete beginner on a tight budget might be better served by using a tool like Canva, which is free and has a super-easy drag-and-drop editor.
On the other hand, an experienced professional might require a well-built platform with advanced tools designed to multiply their talent exponentially.
Either way, this article has all the information you need to help you make the right choice for you.