If you run a podcast, then you understand how important it is to find effective ways to sustain your audience.
A great way to help you do that is to transcribe each of your podcast episodes. This will help you bolster your SEO and make your show more meaningful to a broader range of people.
By transcribing your podcast, you’ll also be able to provide listeners with a better experience, and all of this in turn will help you build and sustain your audience.
Read the rest of this review to discover some of the best podcast transcription services to choose from so you can turn your episodes into useful, SEO-enhancing material.
What is the Best Podcast Transcription Service?
Accurate transcription service best for all types of businesses ($1.25/minute).
Rev.com is my top choice for podcast transcription services. It’s accurate and reasonably priced, making it super easy to transform all your podcasts into a format that you can use on your site and get SEO benefits from.
- Quick Turnaround: Rev.com transcription services offer a 12-hour turnaround time.
- High Accuracy: The platform offers an outstanding 99% accuracy.
- Affordable Pricing: Rev.com has affordable podcast transcription services at $1.25 per audio minute.
Rev.com’s services are priced at just $1.25/audio minute, which is extremely competitive, compared to the pricing of other transcription services. They also have $0.25/audio minute as an option, but this only promises 80% accuracy as it’s a machine-generated transcript.
You also get the following for no additional fee:
- 12-hour delivery on your transcription services.
- If there are multiple speakers, they can have the individuals tagged within the transcription so you know who said what.
- They’re able to work with accents, which can be crucial if one of the speakers is from another area of the world.
A solid transcription service perfect for all podcasters ($30 for three hours audio).
Happy Scribe offers both human and AI transcription services to give you the best possible accuracy and speed.
The platform also offers translation services to over 120 languages. This means you can translate your podcast into different languages to suit the needs of your target audience.
- All-in-One Platform: You get transcription and subtitle services in one convenient place.
- AI-Powered: State-of-the-art AI, together with the best language professionals, offers you highly accurate results.
- Multiple Languages Supported: You can transcribe and add subtitles in English, French, German, Spanish, and various other languages.
Happy Scribe has no hidden fees. You only pay for the length of the video or audio file you want to be transcribed.
When you top up your account, your credits on the platform never expire.
Pricing for transcription services is as follows:
- Automatic Transcription and Subtitles: $0.20/minute
- Human-Made Transcription and Subtitles: $1.95/minute
An excellent podcast transcription service with interactive features ($10/hour).
Sonix allows you to convert raw interviews or polished podcasts into text in just a few minutes. You’ll be able to use the transcripts together with your podcast audio for optimal SEO benefits.
This is one of the best transcription software you’ll find out there and it’s offered at an extremely affordable price.
- Free Trial: Sonix offers a 100% free trial with 30 minutes of free transcription.
- Collaborative Tools: You can simplify your podcast production workflow and easily collaborate with your team on podcast production.
- Seamless Integrations: You can also integrate Adobe Audition in just a few clicks.
Sonix has three simple pricing plans, which are as follows:
1. Standard Plan: $10/hour
- Pay-as-you-go transcription
- Perfect for project-based work
2. Premium Plan: $5/hour + $22/month per user
- Subscription services
- Ideal for more frequent transcription needs
- Comes with advanced collaborative tools
3. Enterprise Plan: Pricing provided upon request
- Subscription services
- Great for high-volume transcription
- Comes with advanced user control and billing options
A slick automated transcription service ideal for simpler tasks ($48/month).
Trint is a great automated transcription service with easy-to-use editing software. It’s ideal for simpler transcription tasks, and the tools on the platform make it easy for you to transcribe your audio and turn it into editable and shareable content in over 30 languages.
- Trint App: With the platform’s iOS App, you can capture high-quality content from anywhere.
- AI Transcription: AI-powered transcription services let you record phone interviews and upload audio files in one click.
- Free Trial: The platform offers a free trial so you can test out the service before committing to a paid plan.
Trint’s pricing plans are as follows:
1. Starter Plan: $60/month
- Transcribe 7 files/month
- Add custom vocabulary
- Identify speakers automatically
- Capture audio and video from iPhone and Zoom
- Search and play transcripts
- Highlight and strikethrough
- Share transcripts for viewing and commenting
- Export subtitles and other formats
- Translate into 54 languages
- Integrate Adobe Premiere Pro
2. Advanced Plan: $75/month
- “Starter” features +
- Unlimited transcription
3. Pro Team Plan: $85/month per user
- “Advanced” features +
- Tools and secure workspaces to collaborate with teams
- Edit simultaneously with others
- Team management features
- Centralized billing
Audio transcription services powered by advanced speech recognition software ($0.25/minute).
Temi’s platform is simple to use. It’s designed to provide you with quick and affordable transcripts for your podcasts and other audio or video recordings.
However, the automated service isn’t as accurate as other AI/human hybrid services, although it’s great for improving the searchability of your podcast.
- Simple Audio Transcription: The platform has a simple and straightforward transcription process for podcasts.
- Speaker Identification: There are excellent features for identifying different speakers on your podcast.
- Affordable Pricing: Temi offers inexpensive audio transcription options which makes it ideal for small businesses and individual podcasters.
You can use Temi for free. Simply upload an audio or video file under 45 minutes and click “transcribe“.
The free trial offers you access to all the platform’s features and no credit card is required.
- Transcriptions: $0.25 per audio minute
- No subscriptions
- No additional charges
- No minimum
A powerful all-in-one audio and video editing platform ideal for all podcasters (Starts from Free).
Descript is a cross-platform tool whose software is perfect for recording, editing, and transcribing your podcast.
It comes with powerful AI features that allow you to correct any mistakes easily and offer 96% transcription accuracy.
The software also detects multiple speakers easily and you can transcribe an hour-long podcast in just three minutes!
- Lyrebird AI: The software is equipped with powerful AI for higher-quality transcriptions.
- Quick Turnaround: You can get your podcast transcribed quickly thanks to the platform’s quick transcription turnaround.
- Editing Tools: Descript also has powerful editing tools that allow you to edit audio and video files easily.
Descript has four pricing plans:
1. Free Plan: $0/month
- Three hours of transcription
- Full audio and video editing features
- Unlimited screen recordings
- Studio Sound effect
- Overdub trial
2. Creator Plan: $15/month per editor
- “Free” features +
- 10 hours of transcription/month
- Watermark-free video export
3. Pro Plan: $30/month/editor
- “Creator” features +
- 30 hours of transcription/month
- Unlimited Overdub
- Filler Words Pro
- Publish Pro
- Audiograms Pro
- Batch file export
You can also get custom services by contacting the Descript team on the website.
7. Simon Says
This platform offers a unique transcription process for podcasters ($15/hour).
Simon Says is a great transcription service designed for the masses. With it, you’ll be able to easily implement transcription into your workflow.
Simply import your footage, and the platform will provide you with detailed transcriptions of your audio, after which you can edit speakers, search and replace words, and export your transcription into various files.
- Search and Replace Feature: Quickly replace one word with a different one throughout your podcast transcript.
- Easy Exports: Export your transcription into YouTube or Facebook captions, Word documents SRT files, etc.
- Free Trial: You can use Simon Says for free by signing up for a free trial on the website.
Simon says offers simple plans which are as follows:
1. Pay-as-you-go: $0/month
Ideal for infrequent users
- $15/hour or $0.25/minute (depending on file duration)
- Advanced AI for transcriptions and translations
- World-class transcription editor
- Expert audio, video editing apps, etc.
- Video Subtitle Editor to preview and adjust captions
2. Starter Plan: $20/month
Ideal for freelancers
- Everything in the “PAYG” plan +
- Includes 2 hours of credit/month (additional credit is $7.50/hour)
- Team collaboration tools
- Reduced cost for transcriptions
3. Pro Plan: $35/month
Perfect for production pros
- Everything in the “Starter” plan +
- 4 hours of credit/month (additional credit at $6.50/hour)
- Enhanced Video Assembly Editor to edit with your team
- Import files up to 20 GB
- Custom dictionaries for improved accuracy
- Access the latest AI features and speech models
An affordable solution for accurate podcast transcriptions (Starts from Free).
InqScribe can only be used on PC and Mac computers. You can install the software for free, but if you want to unlock features for printing, saving, and exporting your transcripts, then you have to upgrade to the premium plan which costs $99 for the individual license.
- Affordable Solution: If you require regular podcast transcriptions, then this is a great solution to consider.
- Full Support: Virtually all audio and video file formats are supported on the platform.
- Multilingual Transcriptions: You will get excellent and accurate transcriptions of multilingual documents.
You can download the software for free. Sign up for a free 14-day trial to test out all the different features. An individual license costs $99, and you get volume pricing for 5 licenses or more.
1. Individual license: $99
2. Volume pricing:
- 10% off for 5 or more licenses
- 15% of for 10 or more licenses
- 30% off for staff at academic/nonprofit organizations
- $60 off single license for students
A platform with powerful text to voice technology for automatic podcast transcription ($19/month).
This platform is designed to help you save time on transcribing so you can focus more on creating and marketing your podcast.
You’ll be able to get high-quality podcast transcriptions that maximize your SEO impact and improve your podcast’s accessibility.
There’s also easy billing, so you get one simple flat fee to take care of all your transcription needs.
- Free Trial: You can sign up for a free 14-day trial to test out any of the premium plans.
- Downloadable Files: Download PDF versions of your podcast transcriptions to use on your website or email.
- Enhance SEO: Share your podcast transcriptions with a wider audience to boost your reach.
Castos has 3 pricing plans, and since this is a podcast hosting platform, you get a ton of additional features with each plan:
1. Starter Plan: $19/month
Great for podcasters who are just getting started.
- Unlimited podcasts and episodes
- In-depth listener analytics
- Up to 100 private subscribers
- 20,000 downloads/month
- PDF transcription files for listener downloads
2. Growth Plan: $49/month
Ideal for podcasters focused on promoting their show.
- “Starter” features +
- Video republishing to YouTube
- Headliner Audiogram Integration
- 250 private subscribers
- 75,000 downloads/month
3. Pro Plan: $99/month
Perfect for podcasters who want enhanced analytics.
- “Growth” features +
- Video file hosting
- Advanced analytics
- 500 private subscribers
- 200,000 downloads/month
A platform with automatic and personal transcription services for podcasters ($12/hour).
Audext has advanced transcription software designed to convert your audio files to text in a quick and accurate way.
This app will help you save valuable time transcribing your podcast files into usable, SEO-enhancing text material.
Automatic and professional options are available and you can sign up for a free 30-minute trial on the website.
- Fast Transcription: AI-powered features for fast and automatic transcription of all your podcast episodes.
- Inbuilt Editor: Highlight active words, use the “find and replace” feature, and alter playback speed with the powerful editor on the platform.
- Speaker Identification: Use this feature to quickly and easily identify speakers in your podcast interviews.
Audext has 3 pricing plans:
1. Classic Plan: $0/month
- 30 free trial minutes for 7 days ($12/hour after that)
- Free editing and sharing
- 24/7 support
2. Subscription: $30/month
- “Classic” features +
- 2 hours of transcription included ($5/hour after that)
- Cancel any time
3. Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing upon request
- “Subscription” features +
- 5 hours of transcription
- Custom price for each next hour
- Scribie: A solid transcription service that delivers great results.
- Transcription Panda: A highly accurate transcription service.
- Otter: A platform with real-time transcriptions powered by AI.
- TranscribeMe: A human-based transcription service that works extremely well.
- GMR Transcription: A rich set of services for reasonably accurate transcripts.
- GoTranscript: Nearly-perfect podcast transcripts done by real people.
Types of Podcast Transcription Services
There are many different types of podcast transcription services available, which you can choose according to your needs. These include:
- Human Transcription: Human transcribers create the most accurate transcripts. However, human transcription is also more expensive compared to all other types, typically costing at least $1/minute.
- AI Transcription: Artificial intelligence empowers real-time podcast transcription thanks to machine learning and also offers speaker identification, a handy feature for transcribing podcast interviews. Although not as accurate as human transcription, AI transcription is certainly a lot faster.
- Human and AI transcription: Human and AI hybrid transcription is the fastest and most accurate way to transcribe your podcast. It’s great for speed thanks to the AI feature, and also for accuracy because of human checking.
What Features to Look For in Podcast Transcription Services
Listed below are the features to consider when choosing the best podcast transcription services:
1. Speed: Fast transcriptions are important for podcasters if you want to get your episode transcription online as soon as possible. So make sure you choose a platform that offers reliable transcriptions at a fast speed.
2. Accuracy: There is no point getting fast transcriptions if the text is all nonsense. You must choose a platform that has a high accuracy rate so that you have highly usable end results.
3. Pricing: Different platforms have different pricing plans, and you must choose one that makes sense for your business according to your needs and budget.
For instance, if you are an individual who only transcribes a few files each month, there’s no point in signing up for a subscription plan that offers many hours of audio transcriptions every month.
How Can Podcast Transcription Services Help Grow Your Podcast?
There are many reasons why you might consider transcribing your podcast episodes, but for the most part, transcribing your show is done in order to boost your marketing efforts.
Listed below are 4 ways podcast transcription services can help you grow your podcast.
1. Boost SEO: Transcribing your podcast will help you supercharge your SEO efforts by making your content more discoverable online.
2. Increase Accessibility: It also makes your podcast more accessible as it makes each episode more searchable online.
3. Get More Content Shares: By transcribing each of your episodes, you make it more likely that more people will want to share your content online.
4: Build Thought Leadership: Making your podcast more accessible to a wider range of listeners helps you build thought leadership in your space.
Podcast Transcription Services Q&A
Do Podcast Transcripts Help Grow a Podcast?
Podcast transcripts make it easier for listeners to find your podcasts by searching online. It also boosts your SEO when you have high-quality, accurate transcripts of each episode – all of which translate to improved search results and ultimately more traffic to your show.
How Can I Transcribe a Podcast for Free?
A lot of the podcast transcription services outlined in this article offer free trials for their services. You can sign up for any or all of them to start transcribing your podcast for free.
How do I Turn my Podcast Into a Transcript?
To turn your podcast into a transcript, you can either manually transcribe it yourself, or sign up on one of the many different podcast transcription platforms to get it transcribed for you via a human, machine, or hybrid human/machine transcription process.
Can You Search Within a Podcast?
When a podcast is transcribed, it makes it a lot easier for users to search within the episode. You can target specific keywords or phrases and immediately be taken to the relevant time-stamped section of the show.
How do I Transcribe Apple Podcasts?
You can get transcriptions for any podcast, including Apple podcasts by signing up on any of the transcription services outlined above. Apple also provides searchable audio transcripts for eligible podcasts in iOS 13. This means that when you search for a specific term on a transcribed show, the app will look up the term in your podcast transcripts, titles, and topics.
My number 1 recommendation for the best podcast transcription services is Rev.com. It’s an accurate and affordable transcription service that is perfect for all podcasters, including individuals, freelancers, small businesses, and large enterprises.
But, depending on your needs, you may have a preference for human transcription or AI transcription or even a combination of both.
Read through the features of the different options available so you can choose the right type of service from the onset.
If you’re still not sure which one is right for you, you can get started translating your podcasts for free by signing up for free trials on the different platforms outlined above.
Test out each of the different software options so you can settle on the one that has the best features to cater to your individual needs.