Are you searching for a reliable and efficient way to manage your social media presence?
If so, you’ve come to the right place. This post outlines the best social media management software in 2021.
I wrote this post after realizing just how many of my readers struggle with choosing the right tools to manage their profiles and networks.
After all, there are already so many tools in the market, with new ones popping up each week. Trying to pick the right one for you can be an overwhelming process.
So, to make things a little easier for you, here are the 10 best social media tools to consider.
What is the Best Social Media Management Tool?
Whether you want an all-in-one solution or a tool focused on improving team collaboration, you’ll find something to suit your needs in the list below.
Seamless social media posting for all your profiles ($19/month).
Socialbee is a popular social media management software that promises to help you generate more leads with a lot less effort.
One of its best features is that it allows you to recycle evergreen content and post variations to keep it fresh.
This means you can post consistently and maintain an overall balanced content mix in every category.
- Category-Based Scheduling: The platform makes it easy for you to schedule your posts based on different categories.
- Re-Queue Posts: Recycle your top-performing content to avoid wasting time scheduling the same posts over and over.
- Bulk Editor: You can easily make changes (assign, approve, delete, etc.) to multiple posts from one category at once.
Pros of Socialbee:
- Customize post formats to suit different networks
- Import content from various sources
- Robust team collaboration features
Social be offers a free 14-day trial and premium plans start at $19/month.
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee if you decide that it’s not the right fit for you.
Get Started With Socialbee
Best social media management app for measurable results ($99.95/month).
SEMRush is an inclusive SEO tool that incorporates some very useful social media management tools.
You can schedule and post to all major social media platforms, and the platform has a powerful image editor, link shortener, and UTM builder to customize your posts.
There is also a social media tracker that you can use to monitor cross-platform engagement and collect analytics for reports in one convenient dashboard.
- Track Competition: Find out how often your competitors publish content, what hashtags they use, which content is most popular, etc.
- Posts Cross-Platform: Schedule posts to multiple platforms including Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook, and Google My Business.
- Manage Facebook Ads: Create and launch ads for Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and the Audience Network.
Pros of SEMRush:
- Social media tracker to monitor engagement
- User-friendly social media poster
- SEO integration to optimize content
SEMRush premium packages start from $99.95/month.
The basic plan gives you over 40 advanced tools to run your PPC, SEO, and social media management projects.
Get Started With SEMRush
Best all-in-one social media management software for businesses ($99/month).
SproutSocial combines many different social media tools in one convenient place.
With this software, you can schedule your posts, monitor engagement, and access the user-friendly reporting dashboard.
SproutSocial is also one of the few SMM tools that offer CRM (customer relationship management) features to help you get a complete profile of your customer so you can serve them better.
- Beginner-Friendly Dashboard: The platform has an intuitive, user-friendly dashboard that is easy to navigate.
- Message Scheduling: Users can schedule messages and queue posts to send at a predetermined time.
- Discovery: This is a neat feature that lets you monitor a list of people that you interacted with and who mentioned you in a tweet.
Pros of SproutSocial:
- Post across a wide range of social media accounts
- Stellar customer support
- Powerful data analysis capabilities
SproutSocial offers a free 30-day trial so you can test the platform’s compatibility with your business.
Premium plans start from $99 per user per month.
Get Started With SproutSocial
All-in-one social media scheduling, monitoring, and analytics tool ($49/month).
Hootsuite is used by over 15 million people worldwide, which makes it one of the largest social media management tools available right now.
One of the reasons for its success is that the all-in-one platform lets you do everything from one convenient place, including curating and scheduling content, measuring social ROI, and running social media ads.
- Comprehensive Platform: You can easily monitor multiple accounts and keywords from one dashboard.
- Track Performance: Get customizable reports on over 70 different metrics for data-driven decisions.
- Bulk Editor: Edit and schedule multiple posts at the same time to help you save time on social media management.
Pros of Hootsuite:
- Wide range of social media support
- Extensive, in-depth analytics reports
- Free social marketing training available
HootSuite has a free plan with limited features.
To unlock more advanced tools, you can upgrade to a professional plan for $49/month.
Get Started With Hootsuite
Best for straightforward social media scheduling for SMBs (Starts from Free).
Buffer is a streamlined and intuitive social media management software used by individuals, businesses, and brands to drive meaningful engagement on social media.
The platform offers a robust suite of tools for publishing, team collaboration, analytics, and more.
Each of these tools is designed to help marketers and teams work more effectively and efficiently.
- Free Image Creation Tool: Buffer has an in-built tool for creating images for different social media networks.
- Chrome Extension: You can install Buffer’s extension for Chrome to help you share links, publish blogs, or post images from any location.
- Insightful Analytics: Measure your social media performance according to different metrics and easily create reports and recommendations.
Pros of Buffer
- User-friendly dashboard
- Google Analytics integration
- Powerful real-time analytics
Buffer offers a free plan for 3 social channels and 10 scheduled posts.
To unlock more features, you can sign up for the premium plans which start at $15/month.
Get Started With Buffer
Reliable tool best for generating post ideas for social media ($25/month).
Loomly is a brand success platform that powers over 11,500 marketing teams across the globe.
It’s a great tool for businesses in industries where the competition for attention is fierce.
The software has all the workflows, processes, and tools you need to foster brand success. With it, you’ll be able to grow your brand and drive massive engagement for your posts.
It’s suitable for all types of businesses, from SMEs and large corporations to nonprofits, agencies, etc.
- Post Ideas: You will never run out of inspiration for social media posts with Loomly’s helpful “Post Ideas” feature.
- Content Library: This feature lets you easily manage all your content assets in one convenient place.
- Optimization Tips: Instantly craft well-optimized social media posts and ads like a professional.
Pros of Loomly:
- Manage and share your social assets in one place
- Real-time optimization of posts
- Track and measure your success with advanced analytics
Loomly offers a free 15-day trial to test out the software.
Paid plans start at $25/month and include all the platform’s core features, as well as some advanced tools like content export, analytics, hashtag suggestions, etc.
Get Started With Loomly
The #1 tool for lead generation on social media ideal for agencies ($29/month).
Sendible is one of the best social media platforms on the market right now. It offers a lot of amazing features, many of which its counterparts don’t have.
For example, you can manage your social media and measure ROI from the same dashboard without having to flip through multiple tools.
Furthermore, Sendible is fully integrated with all the major social media networks. It has features that are excellent for scheduling posts, managing multiple clients, lead generation, and much more.
- Content Calendar: You can plan your content calendar, schedule individual or bulk posts, and easily queue them.
- Preview Posts: The platform allows you to see how your post look before you post them on social media.
- Brand Building: You also get 360° brand building to develop, build, and monitor your reputation online.
Pros of Sendible:
- Powerful collaborative features
- Robust content optimization tools
- Wide variety of integration options
Sendible offers a 14-day free trial to try out any of the platform’s premium plans.
If you decide to upgrade, starter plans start at $29/month.
Get Started With Sendible
Visual social media marketing best for solopreneurs on Instagram (Starts from Free).
Later is an all-in-one social marketing platform that lets you plan, analyze, and publish content to all the top social networks in just a few clicks.
Unlike a lot of other social media management tools, the main focus of this software is Instagram.
You can still connect Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest profiles, but the platform’s unique strength is in its visual content calendar that lets you easily drag-and-drop images for scheduling, which is why it’s ideal for Instagram.
- Visual Planner: With this easy-to-use social planner, you can plan a month’s worth of posts in just minutes.
- Powerful Analytics: The platform has tools to let you measure what matters and offers game-changing personalized insights.
- User-Generated Content: If you don’t have time to create your own, you can easily find and share on-brand content.
Pros of Later:
- Drive traffic and track sales with Linkin.bio
- “Free forever” plan with no subscriptions or contracts
- Built for sharing videos, photos, and stories
Later is free to use forever. But, if you want to upgrade or customize your plan, you can sign up for the “Starter” plan for just $15/month.
Get Started With Later
Best-in-class social media management tool for businesses of all sizes ($59/month).
eClincher is a powerful social media management software that allows you to schedule, post, publish, and respond to social messages.
You can also analyze your performance on social media and optimize your results with the suite of tools offered on the platform.
One thing that makes this software different from other SMM tools is that it has smart cues and RSS feeds that enable you to auto-post.
There is also a huge media library of images and you can quickly search for social media influencers to partner with.
- All-in-One Platform: You’ll find all the tools you need – from publishing and scheduling to reporting and analytics – all in one place.
- Well-Rounded Integration: The software integrates extensively with all major social media platforms.
- Monitor Mentions: eClincher is great for keeping track of social media mentions, keywords, and hashtags across different networks.
Pros of eClincher:
- Chrome extension allows you to post from anywhere
- Reliable, 24/7 customer support
- Robust reputation management and brand monitoring features
eClincher packages start from $59/month for the “Basic” plan, which supports 10 social profiles for one user.
You also get mobile, browser extension, and 24/7 live support.
Get Started With eClincher
Simple, cost-effective tool for team-based social media management ($15/month).
Zoho Social is a complete social media management software that offers a simple way for businesses and individuals to manage their brand on social media.
With this platform, you can schedule unlimited posts and monitor metrics that matter.
You can also create custom reports to easily analyze your performance on multiple social media channels.
- Content Calendar: The platform’s intuitive publishing calendar lets you visualize your content pipeline.
- Monitoring Dashboard: A sticky dashboard allows you to monitor all relevant channels and respond in real-time.
- Analytics: Zoho Social offers best-in-class social analytics and pre-built reports with important metrics.
Pros of Zoho Social:
- CRM products to manage emails, projects, accounting, etc.
- Integrates with all major social media sites
- Offers a free plan with robust features
You can use Zoho Social for free, and if you want to unlock more features, premium plans start at $15/month for the “Standard” plan.
Get Started With Zoho Social
Other Tools to Consider:
- MeetEdgar: For team-based social media management.
- Iconosquare: For managing Instagram business accounts.
- Agorapulse: Best social media scheduling tools for agencies and SMBs.
- Talkwalker: The analytics-focused tool for every kind of social media marketer.
- SocialPilot: Powerful tool best for small agencies.
- Crowdfire: Social media management, simplified.
- Rebrandly: Best for large brands that post regularly and need short, branded links.
- Tailwind: Smarter visual marketing ideal for Pinterest and Instagram accounts.
- CoSchedule: #1 marketing calendar for organizing your blog and social editorial efforts.
- HubSpot: All-in-one inbound marketing software for social media automation.
- Tweet Deck: Social media dashboard app for managing Twitter accounts.
What Are The Different Types of Social Media Management Tools?
There are many different types of SMM tools available right now.
It’s important to know them so you can make better-informed choices about which type of software is right for you.
1. Creative Publishing and Scheduling Tools: These types of tools are designed to help social media managers keep on top of their posts.
Examples include Loomly and Sendible.
2. Powerful Analytics Tools: These can present a wide range of real-time performance and competitive data.
Examples include Buffer Publish and Talkwalker.
3. Integrated Solutions: These platforms offer versatility and convenience and are popular choices for small to midsize businesses.
Examples include SproutSocial and Hootsuite.
As you can see, there are tons of different tools to choose from, which makes it even more important for you to know how to find the right long-term solution for your needs.
The list above has all the tools you need whether you want to organize, schedule, or automate posting tasks.
You’ll also find tools with additional features such as:
- Post-approval functionalities
- Social media listening
- Ad creation and monitoring
…and much more.
What Features to Look For in Social Media Management Tools
Now that you know the types of social media tools you need for your business, it’s time to take a look at the important features to look for in the best social media management tools.
1. Post Planning and Scheduling: This is one of the key elements of social media management tools. You need a system for scheduling and recycling your posts to the social networks you use. The best tools offer a simple and intuitive calendar layout and drag-and-drop functionality for easy use.
2. Audience Engagement: Another important feature to look for in the best SMM tool is a single dashboard that allows you to monitor all messages on your social media networks so you can easily engage with your audience.
3. Analytics and Reporting: You need a platform that offers you a reliable method for analyzing and reporting content performance on each network so you can find ways to optimize your posts and improve your results.
4. Social Networks Supported: The more sophisticated solutions allow you to easily shape a post or message for use across different social media platforms while keeping track of word count, relevant hashtags, etc.
5. Team Tracking and Collaboration: This is an increasingly crucial element to help you run a successful social marketing team for growing business. Unless you are a solopreneur, you’re going to need to choose a social media management tool with this feature.
6. CRM Integration: A lot of social platforms these days integrate with leading CRM software. If you already use CRM systems in your business, you need to choose a social media management tool that easily integrates with this important part of your company’s tech arsenal.
7. Unique Features: In addition to the core functionality for social media management, some tools also offer additional features, such as post ideas, running social contests, Artificial Intelligence (AI) & and machine-learning to determine the best times to post, etc.
8. Don’t Forget About Pricing: Although this should never be the only (or even the first) thing that you consider, it’s also important to ensure that the platform you choose is affordable and offers the best value for money.
You don’t want to be paying for advanced features that are useless to you or your team.
Luckily, our list contains affordable options for individuals, teams, large businesses, and agencies. Simply go through this list of features to determine which platform will work best for you.
The best part is, almost all the platforms on our list offer free trials so you can test out the software before committing to a paid plan.
How Can Social Media Management Tools Help You?
Here are a few different ways that social media management tools can help you in your business:
- Schedule social media posts in advance
- Monitor social media engagement
- Track the number of clicks from your audience
- Engage with your social media users (follow, unfollow, etc.)
- Reach out to your target audience at ideal times
- Glean actionable insights to identify your weaknesses
- Find out what type of content performs best
- Streamline workflows to save energy and time
- Schedule and share content on different social media channels
- Engage in social listening for timely comments and replies
There you have it. 10+ best social media management tools that you can choose from.
If you’re still unsure which one is the best fit for you, let me make it easier for you:
My number one recommendation is SproutSocial.
This is the best overall social media management software with tons of helpful features for beginners and expert users alike.
But, like other tools on this list, this one has its own set of pros and cons and it may not be ideal for everyone.
- For someone who’s just getting started and wants a free or budget-friendly tool, then Buffer is a great option to play around with.
- If you are a serious marketer/blogger who wants an affordable all-around social media management platform, Sendible’s basic plan may be ideal for you.
- Alternatively, if you work with a team and you want a collaboration-focused platform, Loomly will probably serve you best.