The popularity of podcasts has skyrocketed in recent years. In 2011, 30 million Americans listened to podcasts monthly. That number has jumped to 116 million in 2021 — an increase of over 286% in just 10 years.
But it’s not enough to just create a podcast. Professional podcasters need a website. Websites allow podcasters a platform for uploading, marketing, and distributing their podcasts to major directories like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and other podcast directories.
The problem is that with the growth in podcast listeners, there also has been growth in the number of website builders designed for podcasters. Figuring out which is the best is not an easy task.
Fortunately, I’ve gone through the trouble of reviewing the best website builders for podcasts to make your life easier. Running a podcast is time consuming enough and trying to create a complimentary website to expand your brand shouldn’t cause a bunch of headaches, this guide will help.
What is the Best Website Builder for Podcasts?
Dedicated podcast website builder for beginners and experts alike ($8/month).
Podcastpage is a website builder designed to help you design and build your own podcast site in just minutes without having to learn how to code.
The platform has all the tools you need to run a website for your show, including a simple visual editor that allows you to drag and drop elements like text and images onto a page and see any changes you make in real-time.
It also comes with podcast automation so you can import all your existing and future podcast episodes with the click of a button.
There are also audio players that are fully brandable and allow you to add audio timestamps, soundwaves, and embed players from your podcast host.
- Podcast Templates: The software has a ton of beautiful professionally designed templates for podcast websites.
- Built-in SEO: You get great SEO results right out of the box so you don’t have to worry about complex search engine optimization issues.
- Blogs and Pages: You can create a blog and add an unlimited number of custom pages to a podcast website.
Pros of Podcastpage:
- Simple platform designed for ease-of-use
- Managed and hosted website with zero maintenance or installations required
- A powerful platform that requires no coding or web design skills
- Built-in podcast features, such as subscribe buttons
- 3rd party integrations with Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Headliner, Twitter, and more make it easy to share across multiple channels
- Integrates with other podcast platforms so that you can host multiple podcast on one site
Podcastpage is priced at $8/month for the Personal plan. You can sign up for a free 14-day trial with no credit card required to test out the software before committing to a paid subscription.
What Are People Saying?
- “You can’t go wrong with Podcastpage.io, since it does most of the heavy lifting for you. Gone are the days of creating new WordPress blog posts for each episode. It’s magic!” Nicholas Scalice – Learn Growth Marketing Podcast.
A popular no-code platform for building user-friendly podcast websites ($9/month).
Podpage is a platform for building beautiful podcast websites in just minutes.
If you are looking for a website builder that is designed specifically for podcasters, then this is a great option for you to consider.
It comes with a ton of great features, including automatically created episode pages, media players, transcripts, and even guest profiles.
With this tool, you can automatically create a listener-friendly podcast website from your RSS feed.
The simple drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to customize the design so you can create a professional look that your fans will love.
All it takes is just a few clicks of the mouse, and no coding or technical expertise is required.
- Email Marketing: Grow your podcast with powerful email marketing tools that allow you to collect addresses and send messages to your listeners directly.
- Voicemails Feature: You can ask your listeners to send you voicemails which you can then play on your show.
- Third-Party Integrations: Easily integrate with a variety of podcaster services to help make your podcast more successful.
Pros of Podpage:
- Track analytics with Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Import and share your best reviews from Apple Podcasts
- Monetize your audience using Patreon, Superchat, BuyMeACoffee, etc.
- Podcast automatically makes use of host media player
- Display episode transcripts alongside show notes
You can use Podpage for free, forever. No credit card is required to get started, and there’s no trial period.
If you want to add your own domain name and unlock more powerful features, you can upgrade to a paid plan for $9/month.
What Are People Saying?
- “Podpage built what I believe to be the best podcast website builder out there. I’m going to use it for my shows. It solves a ton of pain points.” Kevin Rose – Modern Finance, The Kevin Rose Show, and The Random Show with Tim Ferriss.
All the tools you need to build a stunning podcast website ($12/month).
Squarespace is a website builder that offers direct podcast hosting.
The platform has all the tools you need to create a high-quality podcast website. All you need to do to get started is choose your website template from one of the many industry-leading, professionally designed podcast templates.
There are also designer fonts and color pallets to suit different branding styles, preferences, and needs.
With these tools, you can create a truly unique podcast website and market it to your audience using the in-built marketing and SEO tools so your target audience can find you online.
Squarespace also allows you to add third-party extensions to extend your website’s functionality. For instance, you can set up an online store in just two clicks and start selling products or merchandise from your show immediately.
- Simple Website Builder: Explore endless design options and easily customize your website to fit your brand.
- Marketing Tools: Publish your website and promote it on social media, as well as using built-in email marketing tools.
- Sell Online: Easily set up an online store and add products or services and connect to PayPal or other payment processors to start selling online.
Pros of Squarespace:
- Connect multiple podcasts to the same site
- Use third-party apps to track episode downloads and listens
- Distribute your RSS feed to Stitcher, Google Play, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify
- On-brand email campaigns to boost awareness of your brand
- Unfold app helps you elevate your social stories
You can get started with Squarespace for free with a 14-day trial.
Premium plans start at $16/month and come with a free custom domain, SSL security, and unlimited bandwidth and storage among other features.
What Are People Saying?
- “As an online business owner, website design is the most important factor in choosing an eCommerce platform. It’s what sets the first impression, draws your customers in, and tells the story of your brand.” ARTIPS.
The modern way to build custom podcast websites ($12/month).
Webflow is a platform that empowers designers to create high-quality, custom websites using a completely visual canvas that requires no code.
You can get started for free on the platform and build production-ready experiences for your audience even with no prior experience.
The simple drag-and-drop editor lets you swap out text, images, videos, and other elements on a page to create a design of your choosing.
Webflow is not a dedicated podcast website builder, which means that you have to integrate with third-party tools to run your podcast.
But, this is a hassle-free process, and you will be able to connect with your podcast host with just a few clicks.
- Free to Use: Webflow is free to use until you are ready to launch. This means that you can take your time getting to know how the platform works.
- Growth-Focused Plans: Launch and go live on a fast reliable hosting network that scales as your business grows.
- Marketing Tools: Iterate on your marketing campaigns with built-in marketing, email, and SEO tools
Pros of Webflow:
- Completely visual canvas to build custom websites with no code
- Flexible integrations allow you to connect with various marketing tools
- Website editor allows for easy content updates right on the page
- Built-in SEO tools, metadata controls, XML sitemaps, etc.
- In-depth knowledge-base with tons of helpful resources
One great thing about Webflow is that you can use it for as long as you want and only pay when you’re ready to launch a new podcast website.
Plans start at $12/month for a simple website that doesn’t require CMS. If you want a blog or other content-driven website, you can get the CMS plan for $16/month.
What Are People Saying?
- “Webflow’s given our brand design team a new level of autonomy that allows us to be more experimental, creative, and ambitious when taking on new projects.” Jared Erondu – VP of Design, Lattice.
A simple platform for creating great podcast websites (starts from free).
Wix doesn’t offer direct podcast hosting, but the platform does allow you to build your website and use the Wix Podcast Player app to run your podcast. It also great for website hosting.
You get seamless episode streaming, as well as amazing features for listener engagement. But, you have to get an external host to handle your podcast episodes.
Although this may seem like an inconvenience, it actually means that you get the best of both worlds.
You get to use the powerful features of Wix, including podcast-friendly website templates and strong SEO and marketing features.
At the same time, you also get specialized features from your podcast host, such as detailed analytics, easy monetization, and more.
To get started, all you need to do is sign up on Wix, set up your podcast website, and install the Wix Podcast Player app through the Wix App Market.
You can then connect it to the platform where your podcast episodes are hosted.
- Automatic Page Creation: For each new podcast episode, the Wix Podcast Player creates a unique page automatically.
- Easy uploads: You can quickly and easily upload HD videos for video interviews or behind-the-scenes looks.
- Wix Forums: You can use the Wix forums app to build a community of avid listeners for your podcast.
Pros of Wix:
- Site Booster App helps listeners find you online
- Connect multiple podcasts to the same site
- Link your podcast website to all your social profiles
- Build a mailing list and send branded newsletters to listeners
- Create a members-only space for premium content
Wix has a plan that is free to use, but it comes with Wix branding.
To remove the Wix ads, you can sign up for one of the premium plans, which start at $14/month.
What Are People Saying?
- “Wix is definitely a platform for the creative people who love to design a website on their own. You can easily create a website the way you like to see and have it.” Emeka O. – Linkedin Digital Marketing Trainer.
Get Started With Wix
Powerful tool with everything you need to create and grow your podcast ($77/month).
Podcast websites is a platform designed to help you build, grow, and monetize your podcast.
It comes with a wide range of features specifically for podcasters, including website creation and development, 24/7 personal support, unlimited podcast hosting, and the simple drag-and-drop design interface that makes it easy even for complete beginners to build a beautiful podcast website in just minutes.
In short, this is a simple, powerful, and scalable solution for anyone who wants to grow their own online platform, with their own voice, on their own terms.
- Robust Support: Get complete, personally assured peace of mind with 24/7 support from a professional and knowledgeable team.
- Comprehensive Learning Tools: The platform has a fully-stocked video tutorial library and a thriving support community.
- Built-In Email Integration: Get powerful tools to grow your email list and effectively communicate with your listeners using branded emails.
Pros of Podcast Websites:
- Exclusive curated discounts on podcasting tools and services
- A single monthly cost with no contracts
- 30-day hasslefree cancellation option
- Powerful marketing and automation technology
- Huge video tutorial library to help beginners succeed
There is no free plan, but Podcast Websites offers an initial 7-day guarantee, as well as a 30-day hassle-free cancellation option.
You can choose from one of the two premium plans, which costs $77/month and $97/month respectively for all the tools you need to successfully launch your website, podcast, and brand.
What Are People Saying?
- “It’s so great knowing that I can be at a conference and have a team of people who understand my needs & the podcasting industry, supporting my podcast website. It’s like having my own design & development team!” Richard Kligman.
Get Started With Podcast Websites
The world’s most popular website builder and a great content management system for podcasters ($2.95/month).
WordPress powers over 41% of the web (and growing). It’s designed for all types of businesses both big and small.
You can use WordPress to build your own website and manage a wide array of content in addition to your podcaster. WordPress acts an all-in-one site builder and content management system (CMS) that you can use with no code, no manuals, and no limits.
All you need to do is sign up on the platform, choose one of the many professionally designed themes, customize it to suit your brand, and then connect to your podcast host using one of the many free plug-ins on the platform.
While WordPress is the cheapest of the options listed here and has no limitations as to what it can grow into, you’ll need a theme to begin and I recommend Thrive Themes. If you’re interested in knowing more about this, I recommend you read my Thrive Themes review to better understand what the platform offers.
All the features on this platform are designed to make it easy for beginners to create a website without having to enlist the help of tech professionals.
You can build with blocks, insert images, text, forms, reviews, and testimonials, and embed audio players on your site – all with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Powerful Add-Ons: WordPress has thousands of easy-to-install plugins that help to increase the functionality of your podcast website.
- Built-In Marketing Tools: Rely on built-in SEO, marketing, and email tools to help you find and engage your fans.
- Mobile Apps: You can take the website builder anywhere with you and keep tabs on your website in real-time.
Pros of WordPress:
- Turn your website into a completely customizable eCommerce platform
- Get real support from real people in the huge WordPress community
- Find a memorable domain for your site from .com to .club, etc.
- WordPress has plans to suit everyone from individuals to small businesses to large corporations
- The hosting environment has robust security with no patches and no upgrades
- A holistic web hosting services that goes goes beyond the limits of Weebly, Shopify, and other website builders
WordPress offers a free plan that allows you to create a beautiful, simple, and free website within minutes.
There are four ways to grow your WordPress site. Choose between the Personal, Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. They range from $4 to $45/month.
What Are People Saying?
- “WordPress is a powerful website builder and host that gives users the power to make their website back end and set to be as complex or straightforward as they wish. WordPress has access to many plugins that users can experiment with to make their website accommodate their needs and goals.” Matthew F. – Freelance Designer.
Get Started With WordPress
A powerful platform for podcast newbies and professional podcasters (starts from free).
Podbean has all the tools you need to start, grow, promote, and monetize a successful podcast.
The best part is, you can get started for free and use the platform for as long as you want without having to pay anything.
There are additional features on the paid plans that you can unlock as your podcast grows, including automatic distribution to Spotify, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, and more.
You also get tools that help you measure your success by checking your podcast performance so you can get insights into your audience and ways to optimize your show’s results. Podbean also provides a full array of monetization tools so you can start making money right away.
- Easy Customization Features: You have 100% control over your podcast website design using simple but powerful editing tools.
- Live Stream Feature: Expand your podcast and engage your audience with live audio streaming, take listener calls, and get real-time comments.
- Audio Recorder: Record, edit, and publish your podcast right from your phone with the easy-to-use Podbean app.
Pros of Podbean:
- Podbean offers a plan that is free to use forever
- All-in-one platform with all the features for building a podcast website
- Publish your audio and video podcasts with just a few clicks
- Distribute everywhere to get your podcast heard all over the world
- Easily measure your success with powerful analytics tools
Podbean is free to use. You get five hours total and 100 GB monthly on the free plan.
If you want to unlock more features, you can sign up for the premium plans which start at $9/month for unlimited hours, unlimited storage, and bandwidth.
What Are People Saying?
- “We are so impressed with the Podbean team. We have a question, they’re on it. We have a problem, they solve it. The platform is easy to use and we get our podcast out to the world instantly. We’re closing in on a year and several other hosting sites have tried to lure us away. We’re staying right here with Podbean.” The PodGOATs.
Get Started With Podbean
What Features to Look For in a Website Builder for Podcasts
Whether you are using a website builder like WordPress or a dedicated podcast website builder like Podbean, the platform you choose should have the following features:
1. Ease-of-Use: You want a podcast website builder that is easy to use and doesn’t take much to figure out. Choose a platform with a simple drag-and-drop editor so you can have your pages up and running in no time.
2. Clean, Modern Design: Opt for a platform with professionally designed templates that you can choose from for your podcast website. This will save you the hassle of having to start from scratch to create a website that matches your brand.
3. SEO Optimization Tools: It’s a competitive world out there for podcasters. Your website builder needs to be optimized for podcast SEO so you can rank better on Google and other search engines and get your podcast website found by your listeners online.
4. Automatic Episode Imports: Choose a podcast website builder that allows you to automatically import the podcast RSS feed in order to streamline your workflow and make things easier for yourself. Whenever you release a new episode, it will be available on your own site within minutes.
5. Subscribe and Share Buttons: It’s important as a podcaster that you are able to quickly share your show with your audience on various social media platforms. You also need an easy way to get people to subscribe to your podcast so make sure the platform you go with has integrated subscribe and share buttons.
6. Flexibility in Design and Input: Your chosen website builder should provide sufficient flexibility, particularly around the page layouts and audio player.
How Can a Website Builder Help a Podcaster?
If you have a podcast show, you need a website that can be a hub for connecting with and engaging your audience.
But, there are many different ways to build websites, and the main reason why a podcaster should use a website builder is to save time and build a custom-made website without having to learn how to code or hire a developer.
Also, with the right website builder, you can create a podcast website for free or at a very low cost.
In short, the right website builder for podcasts will allow you to build a website for your show, integrate ways for automatically importing your podcast, add an audio player, create separate pages for each of your podcast episodes, include subscribe and follow buttons to grow your audience, and much, much more.
Website Builder for Podcasts FAQ
Why does a Podcaster Need a Website?
A podcaster needs a website because it’s a great platform to start building an online presence and generating new listeners. Websites allow podcasters to promote their shows effectively and act as a hub where listeners can come to get more information and updates.
Can I Sell Courses/Products on my Website?
You can sell courses/products on your podcast website. Most platforms offer built-in tools or integrations for creating an online store so you can start selling and processing payments immediately.
What Pages Are a Requirement for a Podcaster?
The minimum number of pages recommended for a basic podcasting website is the “Homepage”, “About the Show”, and the “Contact” page. As your podcast grows, you might consider adding additional pages, such as links to your most popular topics and categories, etc.
Can I Embed Podcasts on my Website?
You can embed podcasts on your website by clicking the “Share and Embed” button on your podcast dashboard in the “Episodes List” for the podcast that you want to embed on your website. This will create an HTML embed code that you can then copy and paste into your own site. You can also use the website to redirect your listeners to another hosting platform.
That’s it for this article on the 8 best website builders for podcasts.
If you are still unsure which option is right for your podcast website, here’s a quick recap:
My number one recommendation is Squarespace.
It’s a great option for anyone who wants a convenient, all-in-one solution with all the tools for building and running a successful podcast.
If you want a free option that allows you to unlock more features as your podcast grows, then Wix is a great option for you to consider. Of course, you can find a full list of other website builders here.
If you are a pro who wants a dedicated podcast website builder, a solution like Podcast Websites will serve you well and offer you a hands-off approach to running your podcast website.