These days, a lot of people are starting blogs online – even those with zero technical experience. Right now, there are over 500 million blogs in the US alone, and that number continues to grow every year.
Beauty blogs are among the most popular types of blogs that people start online. They are great as they let people express their creative side and showcase the things that they are passionate about.
And while you may think that the beauty niche is saturated, the fact that the industry is experiencing growth means that there are opportunities for bloggers who want to get started right now.
So, if you are ready to launch your beauty blog, this post will show you exactly how to go about starting up your blog – and make some real money off of it. After all, if you’re going to pour all those hours into creating a blog, you may as well get paid, right?
Read on to discover the step-by-step process of starting your own beauty blog in 2020.
This guide is extremely DETAILED and explains everything you need to start a Beauty blog. I’ve been at this blogging stuff for over 8 years and have built a business making $20,000 per month, so I have a lot of helpful advice for you newbies out there.
If you get stuck or need advice, please contact me directly and I’ll help you out for free.
How to Start a Beauty Blog in 10 Steps:
Below is a table of contents to help you navigate this guide. If you just need someone to walk you through the process of setting up your blog quickly and easily, check out step 5.
- 1. Decide the Focus of Your Beauty Blog
- 2. Choose Your Beauty Niche
- 3. Choose Your Blogging Platform
- 4. Decide Your Domain Name
- 5. Buy Your Domain Name and Hosting
- 6. Choose and Install a Theme For Your Beauty Blog
- 7. Create Essential Pages & Logo
- 8. Begin Blogging
- 9. Promoting Your Beauty Blog
- 10. Start Making Money
Before we dive into the steps for creating your own beauty blog, let’s take a look at a few of the reasons why starting a beauty blog is a great idea.
- Create Something around Your Passion: Starting a beauty blog gives you the opportunity to create an exciting career in the beauty industry.
- Make Money Doing Something You Love: A beauty blog will allow you to earn a good income while sharing your knowledge and experience with your audience.
- Attend Exclusive Events: As a beauty blogger, you may be invited to attend exclusive events. You may also receive certain products before their official launch.
- Discuss Products You Like: From makeup and fashion to skin care, nail care, hair care, and so on, you can discuss all the different products that you like with an audience of avid readers.
- Build Your Personal Brand: As long as your passion, voice, and blog are unique, you will be able to build a strong personal brand while growing a following online.
1. Decide the Focus of Your Beauty Blog
As the name suggests, a beauty blog is one that is focused on beauty-related topics. However, in order to build a successful blog, you must avoid going too general. Instead, pick a single focus or direction for your blog.
For instance, you can choose to review products on your blog, or you can focus on helping women who want beauty on a budget. Maybe you just want to focus on nail art. The list is endless, but you have to make the choice before you can start building your blog.
Listed below are some of the different ways to position your beauty blog:
- Review Products: You can write super helpful product reviews to help your audience make the right choices for their needs.
- Product Hauls: Another option is to do product hauls where you discuss your experiences with products that you recently purchased.
- Favorite Monthly Products: You can also blog about your favorite monthly products or beauty boxes that appeal to your target audience.
- Tutorials and Advice: If you have skills in makeup, hair care, nail care, skincare, etc. you can create videos and blogs sharing your knowledge and expertise.
- Complimentary of a Youtube Channel: Your beauty blog can also be designed to compliment your YouTube channel where you share videos about beauty products.
- Beauty Products for Beginners: The focus of your blog can also be on one small segment of the population, such as Beauty Products for Beginners,(or elders, or moms, etc.)
The key to creating a successful beauty blog is that it needs to be a reflection of the person who creates it. To make your blog unique, you must allow your passion, voice, and personality to shine through. This will go a long way in ensuring the success of your beauty blog.
2. Choose Your Beauty Niche
Now that you know the focus or direction of your blog, it’s time to choose your niche. As previously mentioned, you stand a better chance of success if you don’t go too general with your blog.
There are many different types of niches in the beauty industry. I’ve listed some of them below to help you brainstorm the right choice for you.
Keep in mind that it’s best to start with just one or two niches. You can always add more later if you want to, but going too broad from the beginning may hurt your relevance.
By niching down, you make it a lot more likely that you will be able to build a strong following for your new blog.
For instance, a 40-year old woman with a busy lifestyle is more likely to follow a beauty blogger who blogs about 10-minute Asian skincare routines for mature women than one that offers generic advice on how to take care of your skin every day.
Here are the different beauty niches you can choose from:
- Beauty for a Specific Audience: This can be beginners, moms, teens, guys, or any audience that you choose.
- Skincare: There are many routes you can take when it comes to skincare. For instance, you can focus on quick daily skincare routines, Asian skincare routines, weekly skincare routines, and so on.
- Makeup: As with skincare, makeup also has a lot of subcategories that you can choose from. You can focus on just the eyes, eyebrows, lips, etc. or you can focus on all of it.
- Nails: Do you love nail polish? Or maybe you have a talent for nail art? Whatever the case, you can choose nails to be your beauty blogger niche.
- Affordable Beauty: Some women want to look their best on a budget. Your blog can focus on drugstore brands and other affordable products.
- High-End Beauty: You can choose the luxury beauty and skincare niche where you blog about high-end beauty products.
- Affordable Fashion: There is a massive audience of people who are searching for affordable ways to look fashionable and stylish. If you can provide advice and tips on that, then this niche would be a great option for you.
- High-End Fashion: Conversely, you will find a much smaller audience interested in high-end fashion, but you may find it a lot easier to generate money from your high-end fashion blog since your readers will have more disposable income.
- Vegan or Cruelty-Free Beauty: Your beauty blog can be focused on cruelty-free or vegan products in the makeup, skincare, or hair care categories.
- Minimalist Beauty: You can blog about helping women execute minimalist beauty routines, such as homemade face masks or using lip balm as blush, and various other real-world beauty practices.
- DIY Beauty Products: If you are skilled at making your own homemade skincare and other stuff, then you can blog on DIY beauty products.
3. Choose Your Blogging Platform
You now know the focus and niche of your blog, it’s time to select a platform for your new blog.
There are many platforms to choose from, some of which are free. These include Blogger, Wix, and Squarespace. However, it’s not a good idea to opt for these free hosted blogging platforms because they come with a lot of drawbacks:
- Unprofessional Look: Free platforms like Blogger have a very generic and unprofessional look. Your blog will look like millions of other blogs online.
- Limited Customization Options: These types of blogs are also very hard to customize, particularly if you don’t have the technical skills required.
- Low Monetization Potential: It’s also very hard to monetize a free blog because you’re limited as to the types of monetization methods that you can use.
- Lack of Control: You don’t have much control and the hosts can add their own ads to your site which makes it look even more unprofessional.
So which blogging platform should you choose?
I recommend using self-hosted WordPress. It’s the absolute best choice for bloggers, particularly if you’re a beginner.
WordPress is an open-source CMS (content management system). This means you can use the software for free, all you need to do is pay for your web hosting and domain, which we will look at a little further on. Also, WordPress is extremely flexible and easy to use.
Here are some more reasons to choose WordPress over all other blogging platforms:
Benefits of Choosing Premier WordPress
- WordPress is user-friendly and great for beginners
- The platform is flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- There are tons of free and paid plug-ins available
- WordPress websites are mobile responsive
- All websites have an inbuilt blog
- WordPress has a massive helpful community of developers and users
Considering all these benefits, it’s no surprise that WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms in the world.
Check out some of these recent statistics that prove self-hosted WordPress is a superior choice to hosted alternatives:
- Over 37% of the websites online are built on WordPress
- 60% of CMS-built sites use WordPress
- 661 WordPress blogs are created every single day
- 70.5 million posts are published on WordPress sites daily
- Over a third of the world’s top 10,000 blogs use WordPress
4. Decide Your Domain Name
Your domain name is simply what you are going to call your new beauty blog.
Trying to choose the perfect domain name can be a stressful endeavor. But, lucky for you, I have a list of helpful tips to help you choose a unique, memorable, and immediately recognizable name that will reflect your style and brand.
1. Purchase a.com Domain Name: There are a lot of domain extensions to choose from, particularly for beauty bloggers. This includes .beauty, .blog, .fashion, and so on.
But, I always recommend that you choose a .com for your beauty blog because that is usually what people search for. It’s the most familiar domain name extension and the easiest one to remember.
2. Allow Room for Expansion: Try not to choose a domain name that is too specific as this will limit the types of content and products you can blog about.
For instance, a blog name like Glamourholic Mom is a better option than Paris Runway Fashionista as you can focus on fashion from all over the world rather than just Paris.
3. Keep Your Domain Name Short: Choose a name that is short and sweet. It should be one that your audience will easily remember. Examples of names that are short and memorable include “The Glam Soul”, Beauty on Distress“, and “D Cosmetist“.
4. Use Alliteration: Alliteration is simply when two words begin with the same letter or sound. Beauty blogs that use this tactic include “Serious Sensations“, “Salon Secrets“, and “The Touchup Trove“.
5. Get Creative: Sometimes the name you want has already been taken, but not to worry. There are a few tips and tricks that you can use to get a great beauty blogger name.
Find unique words or synonyms that mean the same thing. For instance, if you wanted a name like “Pamper You” for your beauty blog, instead you might use “Spoil You” or “Indulge You“.
6. Add Extra Words: If, after trying all the different synonyms you still can’t find the right name for your beauty blog, try adding extra words like “the“, “blog“, “club“, etc. So, if you couldn’t get the name “Beauty Mirror“, you might settle for “The Beauty Mirror” instead.
7. Brainstorm a Branding Concept: Another way to help you come up with unique blog names is to think of the concept or ideas for how your new beauty blog could be branded. Consider where it could go in the future and this will help you brainstorm names that are aligned with your blog’s purpose.
8. Use Name Generation Tools: If you find yourself still stuck, there are certain tools that you can use to help you come up with the perfect name for your blog. Try NameMesh.com, LeanDomainSearch.com, and InstantDomain.com.
9. Avoid High-Priced Domain Names: Don’t purchase an expensive domain name. Start with a standard domain name. You’ll be much better off using that money for content creation for your new business. Later, when your blog is profitable, you may consider buying the name you want.
10. Don’t Get Stuck Here: A lot of people get stuck at this stage. Don’t let that happen to you. Assign a couple of hours to complete the process of choosing a name for your beauty blog and then move on to the next step.
5. Buy Your Domain Name and Hosting
Once you’ve chosen a name for your blog, it’s time to purchase your domain name and hosting. As previously explained, the domain name is what your new blog will be called.
So, if your blog name is “My Beauty Style,” you will purchase the domain name “MyBeautySyle.com.”
You can purchase your domain name and hosting from a blog hosting service like Bluehost.
This service is like renting business space, only you are renting it on the Internet. Your website files will be kept on the web host’s servers to ensure that your site is available on the Internet at all times.
I recommend Bluehost for your web hosting needs because the company is reliable and offers affordable prices, particularly for those who are just getting started as bloggers.
Below, I take you through the steps to take when purchasing your domain name and hosting account. I will also show you how to install WordPress on your new domain hosting account.
So, when someone types in your website URL, then Bluehost will show your blog to the individual who searched for it.
I’ve created a step-by-step tutorial to walk you through the entire process of buying your domain name and hosting. The first thing you need to do is click on this link to visit Bluehost and follow along with the tutorials below.
Below is a YouTube video and screenshots showing you the exact step-by-step process, choose whatever tutorial that works best for you.
Step 1: If you haven’t yet, click on this link and you’ll be brought to the WordPress Hosting page that you see below.
Step 2: Next, you’ll be brought to the hosting plan page. You could choose to get a “Plus” or “Choice Plus” plan, but honestly, that’s not a requirement.
The Startup plan is the cheapest at $3.95/month through my link vs. the normal $8.99/month.
This plan has everything you need including 50GB of webspace (plenty of room for your files), a free domain for a year, plus other standard features like a free SSL and a secure WordPress install. Feel free to browse a bit to decide the right plan for you, but rest assured that Basic will work just fine if you want to minimize your investment.
Step 3: After clicking into the plan, you’ll be brought to the next page where you will type-in your new domain, or you can just choose “I’ll create my domain later” if you haven’t decided on one yet. The domain is the URL people will type into a browser to view your website in the future.
Step 4: Once you submit, the next page will ask for all of your information. That will start with your account information, which is self-explanatory.
Step 5: Next, you’ll have to input your Package Information. This is to choose how long you want the plan to go for. My advice is that you choose 24 months to get the discount and save some money, but you can go as low 12 months if you want.
Step 6: Next you’ll have to choose what “Package Extras” you want. You can scroll over “More Information” to understand what each of these items are, but here is my own advice.
I would get the “Domain Privacy + Protection”, this makes it so that no one can tie your name to the domain name you create. To me, the only other one worth considering is “Codeguard Basic”. The other two I wouldn’t personally get. But choose what is best for you.
Step 7: The next step is Payment Information, which is self-explanatory.
Step 8: And the last step of signup is to confirm that you read and understand the Bluehost Terms of Service, Cancellation Policy, and Privacy Notice. Click the check button and then click “Submit”.
Step 9: Next you’ll be prompted to create an account and password. This is the information that you’ll use to login to the Bluehost platform to manage your site and account info.
Step 10: At this point Bluehost puts you through a short questionnaire to better understand your scenario. You can answer all of these questions, or click “Skip this Step” on the bottom. If you’re a newbie, I advise you to answer the questions as it’ll help your onboarding experience.
Step 11: After you’re done with that you’ll be advised to choose a theme. For now, you can just choose to use a free theme. You can always replace the theme later if you’d like.
Step 12: From there, you’ll be brought into the backend of WordPress in the admin panel. This is where you’ll manage your site from. You can add posts/pages as you see fit, but when you’re ready click on the blue button that says “Launch Your Site”.
Step 13 (Final): Your blog is LIVE. Just go to a browser and type in your domain name. Once you do this, you’ll be able to access your website!
Congrats! You officially have a website.
If you’re wondering how to edit things on the website, all you have to do from here is go to your website URL with /wp-admin at the end in a browser and login.
And don’t worry, we cover how to edit things more in the rest of this guide as well. So please continue reading.
6. Choose and Install a Theme For Your Beauty Blog
A theme is a piece of software that controls how your WordPress website looks. When you install WordPress for the first time, it comes with a default WordPress theme.
But, it’s best to install a new theme – preferably one that is beauty blogging-specific so you can customize it to suit the preferences of your ideal audience.
There are tons of free and premium themes that you can choose from. And in keeping with the theme so far (pun intended), I suggest that you choose a premium WordPress theme over a free one. There are many reasons for this, some of which I have outlined below.
Why Choose a Premium WordPress Theme?
- Full customization abilities
- Available technical support
- Clean code for a faster, high-ranking website
- Great-looking templates for images and videos
- Free WordPress updates for life
Paid themes are user-friendly and perfect for beginners. They extend the functionality of your blog or website. The full customization features that you get with premium WordPress themes you won’t get with any of the free alternatives.
With a premium WordPress theme, you will be able to create slick, unique, and professional page designs to capture the attention of your ideal audience.
And, in case of errors, you get great customer support – something that is unlikely when using a free theme.
Theme Options for Beauty Blogs
Personally, I always recommend Thrive Theme Builder to people. Why? Because it’s completely customizable and you can adjust your blog to look exactly how you want by pointing/clicking as opposed to hiring a developer.
In fact, this blog was build using Thrive Theme Builder and I’m absolutely thrilled with the result. Long term? I think this is the most cost-effective theme you’ll find.
Click the image below to watch a video and learn more about Thrive Theme Builder.
And, if you’d like to watch an extremely detailed tutorial you can watch this playlist on YouTube.
If you feel Thrive Theme Builder isn’t for you, here are some other theme options that are perfect for a Beauty blog.
Check them out to see what might work to attract your target readers to your blog.
- Mestyle Beauty Blog Theme
- GlamChic Beauty Blog Theme
- Allure Beauty & Fashion Blog Theme
- Brightly Spa Beauty Blog Theme
- Pure Beauty/Fashion Blog Theme
If you don’t like any of these themes, you can also search through marketplaces like ThemeForest.com to find a theme that matches your particular style.
If you’re still not sure what type of theme to choose, simply check out some of the more popular, well-designed beauty blogs that you know. Use a tool like WPThemeDetector.com to help you determine which theme they’re using so you can get some inspiration.
What to Look for in a Great Beauty Blog Theme:
- Beautiful, High-Quality Designs
- Easily Customizable to Match Your Style
- Mobile Responsiveness
- Reliable Customer Support
- Created by Reputable Brand
- Lots of Good Online Ratings from Users
The theme that you choose for your new beauty blog should meet all the criteria listed above. Once you’ve made your choice and installed your theme on your blog, it’s time to start creating the essential pages for your website.
7. Create Essential Pages & Logo
A lot of your readers are going to be curious to know who is behind the posts they’re reading. They are going to click on your About page to find out more about you. This makes your About page the most important page on your beauty blog.
When writing your About page, make sure to include the following:
A bit of history about yourself: This includes your name and how old you are. You must also include information on where you live, why you started the beauty blog, and why people should take beauty advice from you. For the most part, people relate to you better when they identify with your passions so don’t be afraid to let your personality and your passion come through.
Tell them exactly whom your blog serves: Make sure to include a little bit of information as to why you have created your blog. And who you created it for, as well as the pain points, problems, or challenges that you hope to solve with your blog.
Include a relevant, high converting opt-in: As one of the most visited pages on your blog, your About page is prime real estate. Make the most of it by including the relevant opt-in to get more of your readers on your email list.
Some of your readers will want to connect with you, and you should make it as easy as possible for them to do so. Whether they want to ask questions, make comments, or provide feedback, having a Contact page where readers can reach you is convenient for everyone.
Furthermore, as you become more popular in your niche, brands and companies may want to get in touch to collaborate with you. So make sure you have clear contact information, including an email address, phone number, and company address where you operate from.
As with your About page, you can also use your Contact page to boost your email by including a form with a checkbox asking people to subscribe to your newsletter.
You can also have social media buttons so they can connect with you on the other platforms where you publish and promote content.
If you are not sure about how to draft these pages, you can take a look at other beauty blogs to see how their legal pages are structured.
Depending on the type of beauty blog you are building, you may decide to add other pages, such as a Homepage, Products/Services page, FAQ page, and so on. Once your essential pages are up, it’s time to start blogging.
Create a Logo
Beyond that, it’s also a good time to focus on creating a logo for your beauty blog. There are a LOT of different ways to do this, but I’m a big fan of using this logo maker.
To get started, you can click here to create a blog logo. I think it’s a good idea to create a logo at this point now that your blog is all setup.
This platform will provide you with a free logo for your blog and if you need the high-resolution logo files, you can pay a very minimal amount for access to those files and a few other things.
8. Begin Blogging
As a new blogger, you may be a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of topics available for you to blog about. You may find it a little hard to decide where to begin.
Listed below are some of the most common beauty blog categories that you can choose from for your initial post.
It always helps if you take the time to plan your content before actually writing it. This will help ensure that you have a healthy mix of interesting and engaging content on a variety of topics in your chosen niche.
Also, you will be able to include all the different types of content like how-to posts, list posts, etc. to satisfy the different segments of your audience.
What Should You Blog About?
- Product Reviews: You can create high-quality, in-depth posts packed with lots of helpful information to help your audience make better product choices.
- Beauty Tips: Your post can be about sharing specific beauty tips (face, skin, hair, nails, fashion,etc.) with your audience
- How-To Tutorials: Is there something that you are particularly skilled at that you know your readers would love to learn? If so, you can create a tutorial post sharing your knowledge.
- Monthly Favorites: At the end of each month, some bloggers publish a roundup of some of their favorite things. You can do the same with the products that you’ve used so far.
- Latest Beauty Trends: Keep your readers updated by writing a blog post about all the latest beauty trends in hair care, skincare, and makeup.
- Top 10 Best Articles or Collections: List articles or listicles are posts that contain a list of things, such as a “Top 10 Best Makeup Brands” blog post. These are great for a new blog.
- New Products: Whenever new products come out, you can be the first to let your audience know about them.
- FAQ Articles: Another type of post that you can create is one that has answers to some of the most frequently asked questions in your niche. Simply search on Google and on beauty-related groups, forums, social media, and in the comments sections of other blogs to find the questions that your audience is asking, and then write a blog post to provide answers to the most common questions.
- Beauty Industry News: You can also use your blog to keep your readers up-to-date with all the latest news in the beauty industry.
Remember, you must have a few categories for your blog, and each post that you publish must fall under at least one of your chosen categories. For instance, Reviews, Tutorials, News, Face Treatments, Hairstyles, etc.
Have At Least 10 Posts Published before Promoting Your New Blog
Make sure you’ve written at least 10 posts and have them already published prior to promoting your new beauty blog.
There is no point sharing your blog with anyone if you only have one or two posts to offer them. Instead, you want them to find a populated, professional-looking blog with enough content for them to browse around.
By having a wider range of content, it also makes it more likely that your new blog will be able to capture the attention of a larger segment of your audience.
9. Promoting Your Beauty Blog
Someone once said, “Build it and they will come”. That person definitely wasn’t talking about online business. If you want your new beauty blog to succeed, you need to start promoting it.
Below, I’ve listed some of the most effective ways for you to promote your beauty blog. You don’t have to implement all of them at once, but you can start with a few of them, and as soon as you’ve implemented those successfully, you can add more blog promotion methods.
1. Tell Your Friends and Family: The first thing you should do when your blog is live is to share it with your family and friends. Send the link to everyone you know, ask them to visit your blog and read your posts.
If they have any comments or feedback, they should leave that too. Also, ask them to share your blog with their friends so that you can increase your exposure.
2. Leverage the Power of Social Media: Social media is a great place to get free targeted traffic for your new blog. Simply share a link to your blog on all your profiles to get a stream of visitors to your blog.
You can also add the link to your profile headers with a call to action for fans to sign up for your newsletter or click-through to your blog.
Each time you publish a post on your blog, share it on social media as well. You can use snippets from the post together with eye-catching visuals to attract an audience to your blog.
Also, use an automation tool like Buffer to schedule daily posts so you can continue generating blog traffic on autopilot.
3. Join Blogging Communities: On Facebook and LinkedIn, you will find plenty of groups and blogging communities that will help you to promote your new blog. Do your best to find relevant groups and forums online where your ideal audience hangs out.
Join their community, share and comment on other people’s posts, and also share a link to your own blog so others can check it out. Keep in mind that this tactic involves actual networking, and not simply spamming groups and forums with your link.
4. Write Guest Blogs: One of the most effective ways to grow your audience is to write posts on other blogs in your niche. Look for blogs that you share an audience with and approach them about writing a post on their blog.
The more popular the blog, the more visitors you will get coming to your site. But, don’t discount the smaller blogs. If you make this a consistent part of your marketing strategy, you will start to see a steady stream of visitors.
5. Try Paid Social Media Ads: When it comes to driving traffic to a new blog, many bloggers find success with social media advertising, such as Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, and Twitter Ads. Getting started with these types of ads is affordable and easy. The process is designed to make it simple even for complete beginners to get ads up and running in no time.
10. Start Making Money
In this section, we are going to look at the different ways you can start making money with your beauty blog. We will look at specific examples related to what your audience might enjoy.
Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is where you get paid a commission for every sale that you refer to the merchant. There are many different beauty blogger affiliate programs that you can join to help you start making money from your blog. These include:
Of course, there are a lot more affiliate networks to choose from, and some will work better than others for you depending on your niche, but the ones listed above are a great place to begin for new beauty bloggers.
Consulting: Being a beauty blogger means you can offer your services as a beauty consultant as a way to monetize your blog. A simple search for a beauty consultant or image consultant will show you just how many people have needs that require the help of a qualified beauty expert.
So, if you have in-depth knowledge or skills in a particular area, you can create a beauty blogger consultant landing page on your blog so you can start attracting clients.
Information Products: As a beauty blogger, you can create a wide range of information products, including e-books, courses, how-to guides, and video tutorials to help your audience achieve their beauty goals.
Some of these you can offer for free and others you can sell on your blog as a way to monetize your traffic.
An example of a blog that does this particularly well is Hello Glow, a beauty blog that offers digital products on skincare, DIY beauty products, and healthy recipes.
Google AdSense: This is one of the most common ways new bloggers monetize their blogs. As you begin generating traffic, you can sign up for Google AdSense. Every time Google displays ads to your website visitors, you will get paid a small fee.
Over time, this can add up to a steady stream of income that will continue to grow as your traffic grows. There are many other ad networks that you can choose, but Google AdSense is one of the easiest ones to set up. Also, it requires very little maintenance, making it perfect for beginners.
Sponsored Posts: As your blog grows, you will have the opportunity to work with brands and companies that will pay you for sponsored posts. This is where you review their products and services on your blog in exchange for free products or monetary compensation.
When using this tactic, only write product reviews on products that fall within your beauty niche so that you avoid alienating your blog readers.
Create Your Own Web Shop: Yet another way to monetize your new blog is to set up a shop on your site. You can sell a wide variety of items, such as makeup kits, haircare or skincare kits, nail polish, eyelashes, homemade products, wigs, etc.
These products are very popular with fashion, beauty, and lifestyle bloggers. By creating your own web store, you will be able to sell these and other products that you know your audience wants.
These are just a few of the many different ways you can use to monetize your new beauty blog. You can read my article about how to make money blogging to learn more.
How to Start a Beauty Blog: The Final Word
This post outlines everything you need to know to create, grow, and monetize your beauty blog.
Although it’s a lot to consider, if you follow each of the steps in the process, you will be well on your way to a popular and profitable beauty blog.
And remember, consistency is the key to success. Anyone can start a blog, but not everyone manages to build a successful blog.