I didn’t think I could top February’s earnings by the end of 2018.
I’m by no means a pessimist, but it was by far the best month I’ve ever had and I honestly didn’t think that I’d be able to match it in 2018.
Turns out, I was very wrong and this income report feels weird to write for the simple reason that I’m starting to make a rather large amount of money each month and the last thing I want to do is come off as if I’m gloating.
It’s funny because when I first started in online business years ago, I never really envisioned this sort of success. I hoped for it….but didn’t think it was possible.
The fact that I made more last month than I did in my first two years combined is nothing short of remarkable.
In the month of March I was able to make an average of $553.92 per day.
Obviously, this eclipsed any sort of previous revenue records I had and it was pretty awesome to watch. One of the reasons for it is that Website 1UB website in my portfolio went viral again, but it’s also because the other channels I have in my portfolio are steadily growing.
I also want to (again) address the fact that this income report is very late in the month. I mentioned in my last income report how I moved back to the United States from Brazil.
Well, this month my wife and I took a 10-day trip to Puerto Rico to determine if that’s where we want to live in the future and obviously that trip made it difficult to work on business tasks.
The reason we were considering this is because Puerto Rico has something called the Act 20, which allows people in this industry to get a tax break in the form of 4% federal taxes while living there.
As cool as this sounded to us, there were two main things that really change their minds about moving there.
- The island is really poor outside of the San Juan/Condado area and still dealing with a lot of the issues that the hurricanes created.
- We would have to stay a minimum of four years to get this tax break without the IRS questioning us if we return to the mainland and we didn’t really want to stay that long.
That said, it really wasn’t for us but if you want to hear more about this and would consider moving there, a great guy to talk to for free consultation is Amervim with Bonn LLC.
Basically it’s only possible if you’re a consultant or online business type of person like myself.
If I were completely single with no strings attached I probably would’ve considered this even further, but for what my wife and I are looking to accomplish, this isn’t the right solution. The one thing I promised myself is that I wouldn’t move to the island based solely on finances and while there we realized that would be the only reason we’d be there.
Plus, many areas of Puerto Rico are a whole lot like Brazil and although I enjoyed my time there, I’m not looking to live that type of lifestyle again.
For the record, if you’re looking for an amazing vacation spot then Puerto Rico is it. It’s cheap, it’s part of the US, and there are some amazing things to see why you’re there. However, I don’t think that It’s the right place for us to live at this point.
This month’s highlights included;
- Website 1UB website going viral again, this was just a continuation of what happened in February.
- It finally seems that Website 3 is starting to show signs of life in terms of generating revenue.
One thing I have to say before I close out the intro is that none of this would ever be possible without passive income. I was able to pack up my entire life and move back from Brazil this month and barely work, but I had the best earnings I’ve ever had. In addition to that, I also was able to take a 10-day trip over to Puerto Rico and my earnings were unfazed.
While some people may make more money than I do in their day job, the money that I make now is pretty significant and I have total freedom to do whatever I want at any given time.
If you don’t think this can happen for you, I can tell you that you’re 100% wrong. When I started, I didn’t think this level of success was possible, but as the months and years have gone by and I continue to learn, I’ve realized that it’s all very possible and I intend on growing even further.
It’s definitely not easy, and it takes a lot of time to figure everything out, but once you do figure it out this is by far the best industry/business to own and without it I would still be taking my (miserable) daily commute to work and feeling lost in the professional world.
For those of you that are tired of hearing me report that I’m making over $10,000 per month and wondering why it can’t happen to you, I highly recommend that you take my free course that explains how to start an authority website.
Before I dive too deeply the income report, if this is your first time on my website let me explain why I write a detailed income report each month that outlines the money I made (or lost) each month.
I’m doing this for a number of reasons:
1) I strive to be transparent about what it takes to make money online.
2) These reports help me keep track of my own progress.
3) These reports hold me accountable.
In short, I don’t create these to gloat about my earnings. I create them to help you understand the true “earning curve” of online business. Now that we got that out of the way, let’s dive into the report.
How did the Income Report Turn Out This Month?
|PRODUCT OR SERVICE||REVENUE||EXPENSES||NET INCOME|
|Aweber Email Platform||$8.70||$8.70|
|ShutterstoWebsite 5 Images||$12.41||$12.41|
|OHP Course Sales||$79.00||$79.00|
|Udemy Course Sales||$80.61||$80.61|
|Partners and Affiliates Revenue|
|Website 3 Partners and Affiliates||$0||$0|
|Website 5 Partners and Affiliates||$3.56||$3.56|
|OHP Partners and Affiliates||$18.01||$18.01|
|Website 4 Partners and Affiliates||$531.04||$531.04|
|Website 1UB Partners and Affiliates||$999.04||$999.04|
|Personal VLOG Channel||$11.10||$11.10|
|OHP YouTube Channel||$83.69||$83.69|
|Website 3 Media.net Ad Revenue||$22.93||$22.93|
|Website 4 Media.net Ad Revenue||$126.60||$126.60|
|Website 1UB Media.net Ad Revenue||$675.30||$675.30|
|Amazon FBA Revenue|
|Website 4 Calendar||$356.80||$356.80|
|Google Adsense Revenue|
|OHP Adsense Revenue||$9.27||$9.27|
|Website 2 Adsense Revenue||$13.78||$13.78|
|Website 5 Adsense Revenue||$221.12||$221.12|
|Website 3 Adsense Revenue||$755.08||$755.08|
|Website 4 Adsense Revenue||$348.39||$348.39|
|Website 1ub Adsense Revenue||$12562.30||$12562.30|
|Intuit Quick Books||$5.00||-$5.00|
|Google Business Drive Storage and Apps||$12.09||-$12.09|
|Adobe Photoshop Account||$10.61||-$10.61|
|Mailshake Email Software||$19.00||-$19.00|
|Freelance Labor Expenses|
|Freelance Writing and Editing||$490.13||-$490.13|
|Freelance Research and Labor||$1119.55||-$1119.55|
|Revenue By Channel||Website 1ub Website||Website 3||OHP Website||Website 4||Website 2||Website 5||Consulting||Udemy||YouTube|
|January 2018||$7993.31 ||$467.71 ||$757.59 ||$718.04 ||$14.26 ||$486.99 ||$0||$113.95 ||$67.06
This Month’s Income Outliers
Every month I have income that streams in from multiple sources and quite frankly, a lot of that is pretty regular. However, each month I tend to see a few line items that are drastically different from the prior month. In this section, I only discuss the items that have increased or decreased significantly.
There were four items that jumped out to me this month:
- Website 1UB Adsense/Media.net Revenue: For the second month in a row, the revenue from this website is far beyond the normal amount and this is because the website went viral in March. Towards the end of the month it started to slow down, but the bulk of my earnings were from this source by a long shot.
- Website 4 Overall Revenue: Again, this website has surpassed my expectations. Granted, the additional revenue that the website had this month is due to the calendar that was created, but money is money and I was happy to see the increase in revenue generated.
- Website 4 Calendar Amazon FBA Revenue: It was pretty neat to see that the calendar made just over $350 in the month of March. I actually don’t know that this item is going to make a lot more money considering we're already three months into the year and it’s a calendar for 2018. That said, the results that I’ve seen so far are pretty encouraging and really, I’m just trying to see if it makes sense to create this again for 2019. The difference though is that I'd launch it at the end of this year, just in time for Christmas.
- Website 3 Overall Revenue: As I mentioned in my intro, this website is starting to make some serious cash and though I don’t know what will happen in April, this is a pretty promising trend and where I envisioned the website being about a year ago.
This Month’s Expense Outliers
Similar to the income I make every month, there are certain expenses that I consider “fixed”. As I did in the income area, I’m only going to discuss the outliers or new items added as expenses.
I didn’t really have many surprising expenses in the month of March. I’m trying really hard to stick to a set budget every month and my focus on this is deftly paying off because I’m not spending money on erroneous things.
- Siteground Hosting: The only real surprising expense this month, which was slightly over the normal amount, is my hosting. This was only over the normal number because my website went viral and when that happens I need to boost the hosting to be able to accommodate all of the traffic.
Website 1UB Update: Aside from the website going viral in the month of March, I really don’t have many updates here. I still have one writer and one editor looking over this website and it continues to do incredibly well. I think the hardest part about this website now is coming up with blog topics to write about, but through keyword research I’m able to do just that.
Consulting Update: No consulting agreements for the month. If you’re interested in my consulting services, shoot me an email. Note: My consulting is currently $200 USD/hr.
Udemy Update: I was surprised that I was able to get just over $80 from this channel in the month of March. I haven’t touched Udemy for over a year and though it doesn’t provide a lot of income, I’ll still take a free dinner every month on their dime.
OHP Website Update: Did you see how much progress myself and my partner had made on this website since I announced it would become more focused as a financial blog?
If you’re saying that you didn’t, that’s because almost nothing has happened.
With moving back to the United States from Brazil and our trip to Puerto Rico, I just haven’t been able to sit down and figure things out here yet. But rest assured, myself and my partner aren’t going to give up and we do have future plans to make this website into something much cooler than it is now.
Website 3 Update: I’m beginning to see a glimmer of hope for this website. If you have been following my passive income reports, I’ve talked about how this website has been penalized twice and has really seemed to fluctuate up and down with traffic since I’ve created it. However, it looks as if I’m starting to see a steady increase in traffic as well as steady income from the website.
I don’t know exactly how high it’s going to climb, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that if this website reaches its full potential it could surpass the earnings of Website 1UB.
If you’re wondering how this is happening, the answer is back links.
A few months back I mentioned how I had pretty much hit a brick wall with this website and I decided at that point I was just going to continue to create back links to it in hopes that Google would eventually notice.
Well, Google definitely did notice and I’m starting to see the results of that.
I have this process completely automated too because I have a reserarcher finding emails for me and all I do from there is plug them into my outreach tool called Mailshake and the software takes it from there.
Here are some stats for Website 3:
- Referring domains jumped a tiny bit and I actually think I built more links than just six in the month of March, but sometimes it takes Google a little bit of time to catch up.
- Pageviews finally increased and it was by about 40% over the prior month. This is great, but I think the more important thing here is that much of the traffic is going to the pages that are much easier to monetize.
- Earnings just about doubled and I’m really hopeful that this trend will continue in April. I don’t know that I’ll be able to double from March, but I’m hoping that I’ll have another increase.
Website 4 Update:
The website grew just a little bit more in the month of March.
Here are my statistics for this website so far:
- There was another sharp increase in earnings this month, but remember that this includes the calendar which I’ve created and launched on Amazon FBA. That said, if you take away the calendar earnings this website was able to make just over $1000 this month and that’s really what I was hoping for. I personally don’t think it’s going to climb much higher than this as it’s a smaller niche website, but if it stays right around here I’m going to be very happy.
- The calendar that I launched for this website on Amazon FBA has been pretty successful up until this point. However, I haven’t made my initial investment back and don’t know that I’ll end up doing so because this is a calendar for 2018 and it doesn’t make sense that many more people will buy it.
Website 5 Update: The dip that I anticipated for this website in the month of March definitely happened and though it’s not pretty, I’m still not losing faith.
While most people may look at the graph below and think it could be time to quit this website, you have to realize that I’m only eight months into it and the fact that it’s even generating revenue right now is a very positive thing.
This website was an anomaly in that it came out and started to make a lot of money very quickly. The fact that this revenue has dropped doesn’t bother me because I know this is a long-term plan and I’m confident that this website will be bigger than all the others combined is a still have big plans for the eventual business built around it.
Here are my statistics for this website so far:
- Referring domains increased a bit and that’s good because I really slowed down my link building for this website. I slow down the link building because I’m working on creating additional databases that will eventually generate more back links, and I intend on doing more outreach relatively soon to get the process started again.
- Pageviews dropped by about 35% from the prior month and this is now two months where I’ve had a drop in page views by 30%. In other words, since January my traffic has dropped 60% on this website. That sucks to see, but again, it’s a long-term thing and I think eventually this one will do really well.
- As of right now this website still makes just over $200 a month and I’m happy with that considering we’re still building everything.
- What you don’t see on this graph is right now I have two people working roughly 50 hours a week on this website to build database plus I have two writers and an editor. None of this is going to be helpful now and it will take months for this all to come full circle, but when it does, I have no doubt that this website is going to be a monster.
Every month, I’m going to reflect back and tell you a few different lessons that I’ve learned. My hope is that the lessons each month will be a cautionary tale for you that makes it so that you don’t make the dumb mistakes that I do along the way.
- Being a Digital Nomad isn’t for me: The last two months I’ve been traveling quite a bit and personally, I hate it. While, I don’t hate the vacations, I definitely hate trying to get work done when I’m not at my house. When I’m on the road I never feel as productive and it slows things down a lot. I applaud those that can travel and work from anywhere, and while I can do that, I definitely prefer to have a home base where most of the magic happens.
- Passive income has greatly changed my life: I had to reflect a little bit this month because of how much I was able to earn. The fact that I’ve been able to go on vacation and move from one country to another and not see a dip in my earnings is an incredible feeling. I remember working in corporate America for over 10 years and how much I use a stress about going on vacation. I remember so many times I would be nervous to even ask about vacation because there are so many projects going on and then when I returned from vacation I was absolutely miserable because there were hundreds of emails stacked up. Now all I need to do is check my email box once a day and the income (thus far) continues to generate.
- Freedom is more important than money: I mentioned this earlier, but I’m definitely building a respectable online business empire and with that comes both income and freedom. While I love the income and it’s nice to feel financially stable, the fact that I have the freedom to do whatever I want, whenever I want, is invaluable. If I want to stop working on a project, I can quit and nobody can tell me otherwise. If I want to start a new project, I can start and nobody can tell me otherwise. I understand that some people may not thrive in this situation, but it’s definitely something I love. I love the ability to have the freedom to make any decision I want, work whenever I want, and travel to wherever I want without anybody telling me otherwise.
Did I Meet my Goals for March?
Try to Rank the CK Review Posts (FAIL)
As of now, the idea of monetizing Website 5 with Amazon affiliate links isn’t working out how he had planned. My initial hope is that I would be able to build up the domain ranking of the website and with this it would end up pushing low competition review posts to the top. That really hasn’t happened at all and now I’m scrambling to try to find ways to rank these posts. I wasn’t able to do it in March, but maybe I’ll be able to do it in April.
Get 31 Links to My Website Portfolio (FAIL)
I was able to get 28 links to my website portfolio in the month of March and frankly, I’m not too upset about that. I really didn’t get to work is much as I wanted to because my wife and I had a lot of Internet issues in Brazil and then I had to move home, so my ability to work was greatly hindered.
Setup PPC Ads for Website 4 Amazon Product (FAIL)
This was technically a fail, but the reality is that I didn’t have to do this at all. I thought that I would end up having to do this in order to rank the calendar and get some sales, but my organic rank has climbed on Amazon and now I’m ranked pretty high on the page and never had to do any PPC whatsoever. This may change in the future, but for now this looks like it isn’t required.
What Are my Goals for April?
Settle Back in to my Normal Routine
I know it’s weird to make a goal of settling into a normal routine, but after two months of utter disarray I definitely need to do this. Even now that I’m back in the United States, my wife is visiting until April 24 (She doesn’t have her green card yet, we’re working on it) so we’re having to see family and friends of both of ours almost every day the week. It’s like that’s a bad thing, but it’s pretty exhausting having to go to a social event every single day.
Get 20 links to Website 3
Now that this website is starting to show some life, I think I want to make it an effort to get a significant amount of links to it in the month of April. This is going to be through my current link building activities, but I also want to start trying to build some page level links which typically have a huge boost for page rankings if done correctly.
Complete the Initial Database Buildout on Website 5
Website 5 has a database that we been working on since the start. In fact, this database is really the only reason why it has any revenue and were continuing to try to make it even better. In the month of March I completed all of the national information for the database, but this is something that can go international and I have a researcher working on finding the data that we need to continue to build out. My hope is that by the end of this month she’ll have all of the data researched and we can close the door on this database and begin another one.
What are your goals for the month? What questions do you have? Let me know in the comments below!